Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 12:14 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Hi Brian, indeed you have fine equipment.
I don't think you need feel aggrieved here as mostly on IIS theres a little bragging rights of ones hard earned.

Snobbery ..I dont think its intended..bragging yes..it goes on in ALL forums.

I have a friend in wealthy Vaucluse were I go to observe near a clifftop in Summer; Only30 mins from Concord where I mostly live...He has an 80ed and sees no reason to get more expensive gear and hes REALLY WEALTHY..
I know another near Penrith a less affluent area and he has far more expensive gear..Hes Not a Snob..just thats what he wanted ..the best.

I myself who can afford Tak, but put my money elsewhere have gone for a very good solution.. In a TS 130mm Apo triplet..ITS GREAT ..I have no regrets..I've put my money in property etc ..not so much in Astro.

Enjoy what you have its darn good, and good seeing ..its been rare here in Sydney of late.
Bigjoe.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:27 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Thanks Joe , yes its horses for courses and back to the OP's origonal Q , nothing wrong with the WO for visual or AP and I hope he enjoy's the TAK but if it was my money I would have grabbed that Sky Rover 115 in the classifieds and saved 2k for some good accessories ,, but its his $$$ .

Yes I like my gear and wont be changing any of it any time soon .

I have friends here with the SR 115 and 130 triplets and I am sure these are made in the same place as your sweet TS 130 and YES these perform excellently .

Brian.

Last edited by RB; 04-10-2019 at 02:28 PM. Reason: flame wars need to stop right here !!! ....
Old 04-10-2019, 06:33 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian nordstrom View Post
Thanks Joe , yes its horses for courses and back to the OP's origonal Q , nothing wrong with the WO for visual or AP and I hope he enjoy's the TAK but if it was my money I would have grabbed that Sky Rover 115 in the classifieds and saved 2k for some good accessories ,, but its his $$$ .

Yes I like my gear and wont be changing any of it any time soon .

I have friends here with the SR 115 and 130 triplets and I am sure these are made in the same place as your sweet TS 130 and YES these perform excellently .

Brian.
How Brian - the listed SkyRover is $6495 with everything and the seller will not split http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=178168

So, how could he save????

Anyway, buyer made a lifetime scope choice.
Closed Thread