Old 01-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Richotech

Dedicated CCD - Maximum size ?

Hi All,

I have a Meade LX200 10" ACF and meade 80mm APO with 2 inch fitting. I have been looking at the QHY9 and QHY11 mono camera's. I'm keen on the QHY11 for the FOV I would get, but worried about focus across the full field. I have both 0.63 and 0.33 reducers for the LX200 ACF.

There is a huge difference in phyical size between the two (18x13mm and 36x24mm). The QHY9 should be great for the 80mm APO. The 80mm certainly covers the 35mm area easily but I'm not sure about image curvature ?. I've been told the meade SCT's were designed for 35mm film before digital was around and the ACF should give a flatter field over the SCT, but I find it hard to get enough info on the web.

Cheers
Brett.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Gama

The RCX and the ACF are a different machine to the older version of SCT's.
They do produce a flatter field than the older versions, and the large frame KAF11002 CCD's work well with them.
I remember an image comparison using an RCX and the RC on "Cloudynights" some time ago, and you could just start to notice the stars on the very edge were just a little larger than the RC.

Theo