Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2017, 02:06 PM
ReaPerMan (Paul)
Work & Play at Night

Atik 11000 M FW/OAG Combo

Going to change how i do my Astro imaging and will look at selling some of my gear

Camera is Atik 11000 Mono Bintel’s link
https://www.bintel.com.au/product/atik-11000-mono/

Full disclosure. I bought this camera second hand and after 1 year of use I had some defects that appeared in my pictures. the camera was sent back to Atik in the UK and they replaced a faulty PSU and serviced the unit. The result is the camera works and functions like new. You should also note that with such large sensors as these ‘line’ defects are common and as such premium prices (read this as exorbitant) are placed on totally defect free sensors. This camera does have a number of such defects and they are easily removed with a set of dark exposures ( Dark and Bias link attached) . really they have never been a problem for me and you can see my results in the sample pics. The Filter wheel also went back to starlight in England for a service and came back with a new motherboard… essentially rebuilt.

Also in this setup is a Starlight express filter wheel and 3 carousels for different size filters. 2” mounted, 50.8mm unmounted and 36mm unmounted. as a sweetener a set of 2” LRGB filters will be included.
Mounted with this filter wheel id a Telescope express Gigant OAG this gives a clear 50mm field of view and is a perfect match to the Atik’s large sensor.

So replacement value of this combination is $7499 for the Camera, $780 for the filter wheel and carousel combo, $314 for the OAG $8593

What Im asking is $4500 for the Camera, $500 for the Filterwheel set and $250 for the OAG Total $5250 a saving of $3,343 on new purchase.

I would prefer a Perth based purchase but shipping would be quoted based on the purchaser’s location. I’m not interested in splitting the set as yet but will take you interest into account for the future.

All the best

Paul

Links to Bias and dark masters https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3165wqntt...aXH-fbSYa?dl=0
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Cam.jpg)
186.1 KB174 views
Click for full-size image (Chook.jpg)
199.2 KB184 views
Click for full-size image (orion.jpg)
180.7 KB220 views