Old 10-06-2019, 08:07 PM
I.C.D (Ian)

Phd2

Hi All has anyone been having trouble with PHD2 over the last month or two Ian
Old 10-06-2019, 08:53 PM
Startrek (Martin)

I’ve been using PHD2 version 2.6.5 for about 10 months without any issues at all
What is your problem or issue with PHD2 ?
Maybe someone can help or advise you
Old 11-06-2019, 07:43 AM
I.C.D (Ian)

Hi Martin I have been getting these messages, check cables may be snagged or check the mechanism ,the start did't move enough in the R.A.,I also had bad backlash and that my polar alignment was out ,all this started two month ago after PHD ask if I wanted to update.The version I have now is 2.6.6 do you still have a link to 2.6.5 if so can you send it to me and see if that makes any difference.
Ian
Old 11-06-2019, 08:37 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Sorry to hear your troubles
I sure 2.6.5 is still available for down load on the PHD2 site or another site
Failing that join the PHD forum and post your problem. I have used it and they respond in a timely manner hopefully with a solution
Good luck !
Old 11-06-2019, 09:44 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

I am on the current version (Whatever that is, I will have to look tonight but it asked to update recently and I let it) and it has been working normally.

Have you tried using the manual guide controls to make sure your mount is responding? Are you using pulse guiding or an ST4 cable? If ST4, the guide speed has not been changed in your hand controller or EQmod if you are using that?
Old 11-06-2019, 09:58 AM
I.C.D (Ian)

Hi Paul I have manual move the mount with PHD and I am using pulse guiding, today I am going to make sure I am not snagging any cables and check the RA DEC to make sure everything is tight and nothing has come loss
Ian
Old 11-06-2019, 10:07 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

The only times I have actually seen the errors you mentioned have been when I have inadvertently hit the EQMOD imposed mount limits when getting things set up to do automated flips in either APT or SGP, mostly in SGP as it behaves differently. SGP was waiting until 5 minutes after the meridian to flip and the default limit in EQMOD did not let it go that far and would stop the tracking. Among the other errors was the PDH2 "Unable to move far enough"

Or is this happening during your PHD2 calibration process? If so the calibration steps might be too small.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:23 PM
Karlzburg (Karl)
No moon for you!!

Have you adjusted your mount at all? I have the latest updates for PHD2 but had relubed the mount and was a it tight on the DEC and received similar note. No snags so I knew it was the gearing.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:28 PM
I.C.D (Ian)

Hi Karl I have been communicating with a the n.i.n.a group and they told me what I have been doing wrong, and my stepsize were wrong I have now put the right settings in,and all is honky dorey now Ian