Old 16-11-2007, 03:49 PM
snaggs

Hypered film?

Is there anywhere in Australia you can order hypered film? Any amatuer in Perth who'd like to have some company next time he's doing a batch?

Daniel.
Old 16-11-2007, 05:10 PM
space oddity

all hyped up

Hypering seems to be a dying art. You have to supply your own film. I think ATS in Sydney still do 35mm only. I was looking a while back for hypering of my stash of tech pan 120 film but to no avail.Was hoping to take some widefield milky way shots with the 6x6 SLR with its full frame fisheye . It would have to be sent to the US. As you know, hypered film needs to be used promptly, it does not stay hypered for too long. There was a place in Mount druitt, Sydney many years ago that hypered film, but they too have gone.
Old 16-11-2007, 09:06 PM
mlcolbert

what about the guys at the lighthouse down in bondi??

michael
Old 16-11-2007, 09:20 PM
leon

Agreed, I used to use Hypered Film Tek Pan 2415 many years ago, also from Mt Druitt, and also from a fellow in Tassie, but as you have said very hard to get.

It was brilliant stuff in its day.

Leon
Old 16-11-2007, 11:19 PM
snaggs

For me Astronomy is one of those things that gets me away from the computer , back to nature etc, away from the screens. Thats why I just can't get into CCD, hundreds of wires, laptops etc etc.. man, I couldn't think of anything worse.

There is something to be said of a well made mechanical piece of machinery and analog. If I get some good results with Astrophotography, I'll try down a 2nd hand Lumicon kit and maybe we can do some batch baking days.

You can freeze it for a 3 months or so.

Daniel.