Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30-07-2016, 03:31 AM
Visionoz (Bill)

Nice and fresh looking - UX-Flatsome theme is pretty versatile indeed though wondering if it would have display speed issues over time just because it is a WP site.

Good luck with the change-over, great effort Dylan!

Cheers
Bill
Old 30-07-2016, 07:36 AM
dylan_odonnell (Dylan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionoz View Post
Nice and fresh looking - UX-Flatsome theme is pretty versatile indeed though wondering if it would have display speed issues over time just because it is a WP site.

Good luck with the change-over, great effort Dylan!

Cheers
Bill
Thanks Bill! The site has it's own dedicated server so we can ramp up resources as needed, but it's eating it up so far and the guys are adding new products every day which is good.

We have had issues with one bit of unoptimised code query but should be able to made it good

Really appreciate all the feedback and testing, it's given us some great data to improve. For example I kept seeing people change to sort by price, so I saved them a click and made it default. The Bintel guys are reading every comment and considering everything.

d
Old 02-08-2016, 06:20 PM
peterl

Noticing that some images, mounts eyepieces etc are stretched and would look better at normal proportions.

Peter.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:32 PM
dylan_odonnell (Dylan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterl View Post
Noticing that some images, mounts eyepieces etc are stretched and would look better at normal proportions.

Peter.
Thanks Peter, that definitely shouldn't be the case. Can you see many? I will regenerate the graphics overnight to ensure they are scaled correctly.

d
Old 02-08-2016, 07:42 PM
peterl

On my samsung galaxy 2014 10 inch tablet on the new site,the mount section,az and eq section shows stretched images horizontally.
These same sections on the older bintel site with the same galaxy tablet shows perfect proportioned images..
I just entered the new site with my windows 7 pro system Pc and every image is fine 100%.
Every other website is perfect on this tablet and runs well.
very puzzled.
Peter.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:23 PM
dylan_odonnell (Dylan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterl View Post
On my samsung galaxy 2014 10 inch tablet on the new site,the mount section,az and eq section shows stretched images horizontally.
These same sections on the older bintel site with the same galaxy tablet shows perfect proportioned images..
I just entered the new site with my windows 7 pro system Pc and every image is fine 100%.
Every other website is perfect on this tablet and runs well.
very puzzled.
Peter.
I regenerated all the graphics sizes so hopefully there shouldn't be any resizing glitches on your tablet (though they don't appear that way on compliant browsers as you observed!). Let me know if that helps!

Dylan.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Nice web site.

No longer selling Paramounts?
Old 03-08-2016, 04:32 PM
dylan_odonnell (Dylan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Nice web site.

No longer selling Paramounts?
Thanks Peter! I'm told they will be getting to the "higher end of town" products and listing these as well. They certainly do still sell them.

Thanks for the feedback!

d
Old 08-08-2016, 10:02 PM
MortonH
Deprived of starlight

Maybe you can change one of the things that bugs me about many, if not most, websites. Let's use the Eyepieces and Barlows section as an examples:

After clicking on Eyepieces and Barlows you are presented with six sub-categories: Barlows and Powermates, Bintel, Eyepiece Kits & Cases, Orion, Specialty Eyepieces and Tele Vue. You are then forced to select one of these before proceeding.

What I want is the ability to select all eyepieces regardless of brand. And ideally be able to sort them by focal length. It's annoying and more difficult to compare them when you get forced into a cul-de-sac each time.

Agena Astro is the best website I've seen for this kind of flexibility.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:21 PM
Stonius (Markus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonH View Post
Maybe you can change one of the things that bugs me about many, if not most, websites. Let's use the Eyepieces and Barlows section as an examples:

After clicking on Eyepieces and Barlows you are presented with six sub-categories: Barlows and Powermates, Bintel, Eyepiece Kits & Cases, Orion, Specialty Eyepieces and Tele Vue. You are then forced to select one of these before proceeding.

What I want is the ability to select all eyepieces regardless of brand. And ideally be able to sort them by focal length. It's annoying and more difficult to compare them when you get forced into a cul-de-sac each time.

+1 to that. People want to make up their own filters!
Old 09-08-2016, 07:47 AM
ab1963 (Andrew)
Refractors-That’s It

I agree with the Agena Astro comment,IMO they have it right across the board from website to item price and postage costs and the time the item takes to get to your door ,I tend to deal with them mostly due to their professionalism,that's it in a nutshell

Quote:

Old 12-08-2016, 10:29 AM
webtubbs (Wayne)

How are items added to the wishlist? I can't see any "Add to wishlist" button anywhere.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:31 AM
webtubbs (Wayne)

Nevermind, found it hiding on the item image, but it's only visible on mouseover.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:35 AM
dylan_odonnell (Dylan)

Quote:
We hear you all We will be adding custom filters to product categories. It takes a little bit of extra development as different products have different search criteria that have to be curated. (eg Focal Length for scopes, Filter Size etc) ... but it's definitely in the works!
Old 12-08-2016, 10:41 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

In ZWO Cameras the cooled ASI 174 has the wrong picture.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:47 AM
dylan_odonnell (Dylan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroID View Post
In ZWO Cameras the cooled ASI 174 has the wrong picture.
Right you are! Fixing now ...

d
Old 12-08-2016, 12:09 PM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

On various pages there's the option to "Ask an expert". Is it possible for an email to be sent to the supplied address indicating the submission has succeeded (and the contents) and perhaps some form of reference number for possible follow ups?

Also, if you're on a product page and using that form, does it know about that product? As in, do the details get submitted with the form?
Old 12-08-2016, 12:29 PM
dylan_odonnell (Dylan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
On various pages there's the option to "Ask an expert". Is it possible for an email to be sent to the supplied address indicating the submission has succeeded (and the contents) and perhaps some form of reference number for possible follow ups?

Also, if you're on a product page and using that form, does it know about that product? As in, do the details get submitted with the form?
Hi Lazjen!

Adding an autoresponder is possible and I will do this to confirm receipt of the enquiry, but it can't contain the contents of the question otherwise spammers use the form to email whoever they like with their scams and promotions.

I can confirm that the "ask and expert" form does let the Bintel guys know what product it was sent from.

Thanks!

d
Old 12-08-2016, 01:08 PM
lazjen (Chris)
PI cult member

That sounds fine.
Old 18-08-2016, 12:18 PM
MortonH
Deprived of starlight

I liked the ability on the old site to view Tele Vue eyepieces by type, e.g. DeLite, Nagler, etc. instead of all together.