Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 21-08-2020, 05:10 PM
Paul Haese's Avatar
Paul Haese
Registered User

Paul Haese is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 9,625
It's got the most

It's a well imaged region! That is an understatement for sure. It does however have the most to view. It has a globular cluster, several galaxies, reflection and emission nebula. It even has dark nebula. It's got it all.

It is NGC6726, NGC6729 and NGC6723. The image contains 12.5 hours of integration. It could do with some more data but overall I am pretty happy with the colour and luminance in the image. It might not be a world beater but again it is one of my favourite areas.

Click here for the larger image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NGC6726_LRGB_285_155_160_150_Annotated.jpg)
192.5 KB225 views
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21-08-2020, 08:32 PM
Peter Ward's Avatar
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Peter Ward is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Shire
Posts: 7,084
I am amazed 50 odd people looked at this and didn't crack a mention.

A dammed fine Corona Paul....I probably would have processed it a little differently, but the data is just so solid and makes processing choices a quibble at best.

Nice one.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-08-2020, 10:02 PM
TrevorW
Registered User

TrevorW is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 7,102
Quite like it lots going on there
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22-08-2020, 06:50 AM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

Placidus is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Euchareena, NSW
Posts: 3,475
As mentioned elsewhere, a wonderful image, with beautiful careful colour. Had a really good look this morning. The globular came out magnificently. We can find three galaxies.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22-08-2020, 07:23 AM
h0ughy's Avatar
h0ughy (David)
DOGHOUSE REBORN

h0ughy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NEWCASTLE NSW Australia
Posts: 31,590
Very cool, smooth and dusty with brilliant details of all the fiddly bits.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22-08-2020, 11:07 AM
strongmanmike's Avatar
strongmanmike (Michael)
Woohoo it's clear

strongmanmike is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canberra
Posts: 15,207
A very nice Carona there Paul nice work squeezing the glob in too...probably should'a moved it down just a tad though...just for Andy sake

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22-08-2020, 12:20 PM
Andy01's Avatar
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Andy01 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
nice work squeezing the glob in too...probably should'a moved it down just a tad though...just for Andy sake
Lol As mentioned on FB I think this looks great Paul.

I think what Mike is referring to though, is just one of my standard compositional recommendations ie: try to avoid bright stars at the edges of the frame, as they can distract from the subject.
(In this case the partially seen blue one at the bottom is the culprit.)

Regardless, wonderful colours and as it continues to rain & cloud over during lockdown here in Melbourne I'm jealous as heck of your conditions!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22-08-2020, 01:50 PM
gregbradley's Avatar
gregbradley
Registered User

gregbradley is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 16,336
A wonderful image Paul. Love the stars.
Greg
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 22-08-2020, 03:14 PM
Nikolas's Avatar
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Nikolas is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,753
stunning image
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 22-08-2020, 03:36 PM
marc4darkskies's Avatar
marc4darkskies (Marcus)
Billions and Billions ...

marc4darkskies is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Quialigo, NSW
Posts: 2,836
Nice image Paul!

Shame you lost the structural detail in IC 4812 though. Star glare? Those refl nebs do have some marvellous structure that's worth preserving / teasing out.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 22-08-2020, 05:10 PM
strongmanmike's Avatar
strongmanmike (Michael)
Woohoo it's clear

strongmanmike is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canberra
Posts: 15,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
Nice image Paul!

Shame you lost the structural detail in IC 4812 though. Star glare? Those refl nebs do have some marvellous structure that's worth preserving / teasing out.
Hmm?...yeah, Marcus is quite right, I thought the reflection neb area was lacking a bit of detail ...you must have it in your data, so I am sure you can have another crack and suck some more out

I recon your glob colour is probably more accurate than most, who tend to display it as kinda white (err?..including me )...although white is better than strong blue I guess?

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 22-08-2020, 05:49 PM
Paul Haese's Avatar
Paul Haese
Registered User

Paul Haese is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 9,625
Thanks guys for the comments and constructive critique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
I am amazed 50 odd people looked at this and didn't crack a mention.

A dammed fine Corona Paul....I probably would have processed it a little differently, but the data is just so solid and makes processing choices a quibble at best.

Nice one.
Thanks Peter, it is a very busy site now, which means not many have time to post just to look. It is also an area that has appeared here many times. So I was not too fussed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
As mentioned elsewhere, a wonderful image, with beautiful careful colour. Had a really good look this morning. The globular came out magnificently. We can find three galaxies.
Thanks Mike, I could count two. I will have to peruse some more myself. I really like a galaxy hunt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Lol As mentioned on FB I think this looks great Paul.

I think what Mike is referring to though, is just one of my standard compositional recommendations ie: try to avoid bright stars at the edges of the frame, as they can distract from the subject.
(In this case the partially seen blue one at the bottom is the culprit.)

Regardless, wonderful colours and as it continues to rain & cloud over during lockdown here in Melbourne I'm jealous as heck of your conditions!
This is a crop and reposition. The blue star was well in the field on the base frames but very very distracting. This has been eliminated down to give the least amount of impact from that star. Being adverse to removal of stars myself I just minimized the over whelming glare. I take your point though. I often compose to things to the astronomical norm except when a star is in the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
Nice image Paul!

Shame you lost the structural detail in IC 4812 though. Star glare? Those refl nebs do have some marvellous structure that's worth preserving / teasing out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Hmm?...yeah, Marcus is quite right, I thought the reflection neb area was lacking a bit of detail ...you must have it in your data, so I am sure you can have another crack and suck some more out

I recon your glob colour is probably more accurate than most, who tend to display it as kinda white (err?..including me )...although white is better than strong blue I guess?

Mike
Thanks guys. Quite right you are and I have not applied more sharpening to that area. Teasing a bit more out of the dust. It probably needs more integration to pick that faint dust out.

Mike, I was looking also to see if there are any blue stranglers but I could not get any to show. I am guessing this is because of the intervening gas and dust. I had previously shown that cluster as white too. I wonder if the extra colour frames helped with that colour.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 22-08-2020, 08:19 PM
Paul Haese's Avatar
Paul Haese
Registered User

Paul Haese is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 9,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
We can find three galaxies.
Hey Mike, I redid the annotated image too with PGC galaxies. I was surprised to find 37 galaxies in that field were present.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 23-08-2020, 06:08 PM
codemonkey's Avatar
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

codemonkey is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kilcoy, QLD
Posts: 2,043
Looks like you might have put up a reprocessed version on your site Paul? I was thinking the detail in the reflection nebulae looked amazing and was confused as I was scrolling down to see people saying that could use some work. Then I saw the IIS version looked a bit more subdued there.

Anyway, great image, lovely detail in those reflection nebulae and great colour!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 23-08-2020, 07:10 PM
Paul Haese's Avatar
Paul Haese
Registered User

Paul Haese is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 9,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
Looks like you might have put up a reprocessed version on your site Paul? I was thinking the detail in the reflection nebulae looked amazing and was confused as I was scrolling down to see people saying that could use some work. Then I saw the IIS version looked a bit more subdued there.

Anyway, great image, lovely detail in those reflection nebulae and great colour!
Thanks Lee,

yes I have done an edit since and hence the confusion. I think I made mention in my last post. I should have said so outright.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 25-08-2020, 10:01 AM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hinchinbrook
Posts: 19,643
Top shot. It does have everything even that little face on at 9 o'clock.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 25-08-2020, 11:02 AM
Atmos's Avatar
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Atmos is online now
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,858
Very nice field Paul, the colour and depth is very well handled. As others have mentioned, the globular has a great colour to it!
When I shot just the globular with the Mewlon last year I did find a few blue stragglers lurking around in there. I can spot a couple in yours but they are more subdued.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 29-08-2020, 07:21 AM
Paul Haese's Avatar
Paul Haese
Registered User

Paul Haese is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 9,625
Thanks guys for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Very nice field Paul, the colour and depth is very well handled. As others have mentioned, the globular has a great colour to it!
When I shot just the globular with the Mewlon last year I did find a few blue stragglers lurking around in there. I can spot a couple in yours but they are more subdued.
I'll have to take a look at your rendering of the Globular. I think I can see one or two slightly blue stars, so might see if I can confirm that.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 29-08-2020, 07:28 AM
Slawomir's Avatar
Slawomir (Suavi)
Going visual

Slawomir is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Queensland
Posts: 3,209
Another fantastic image Paul It certainly got the most to view, maybe except for a PN
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-09-2020, 11:33 AM
DaveNZ's Avatar
DaveNZ (Dave)
Registered User

DaveNZ is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Dunedin, NZ
Posts: 205
Great image Paul. Looks like you have that AG12 under control!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 04:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
Testar
Advertisement
Limpet Controller
Advertisement
NexDome Observatories
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement