Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 10-04-2021, 09:09 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Australia Post exceeds itself.

I bought an item from Claude in Adelaide on the 23rd March and he posted it 3 days later. Good service from Claude - no issues there at all. But the goods have yet to arrive.

SO I went online to the Australia Post web site and used the tracking info Claude supplied. And after 17 days since Claude posted it in Adelaide, the damned thing was still located - wait for it [drumroll please] - in adelaide. It hasn't moved.

I can't help thinking there is a flaw in the system somewhere. Covid issues could be expected to cause some delays - granted - but 17 days for an item to remain at ground zero seems a bit extreme.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:08 PM
yoda776 (Matt)

17 days is a long time and something much have glitched in the system. Probably between you and Claude need to contact Australia Post and find out what the hassle is and if there is anything that can be done. It could also be the lack of scanning or updating too. I have had items say they are still overseas but turn up on at my doorstep still indicating that. I would definitely be looking into it - 3 - 4 days in Adelaide I have seen regularly but not that long. Is it a small parcel (often find these are the ones that will have the trouble)?

Australia Post seems to have some randomiser for how long things take. I have sent gear ... wait for it ... tracked only and it has arrived before express post! Other times seen express post be exactly as described on the box - arrives that day or next day and some tracked gear take 2 - 3 weeks. All seemingly random and happening the same time as other gear sent. Not sure how else to explain it.

Same thing for overseas - watched it arrive in Australia in a few days only to be holed up in Melbourne or Sunshine West is a classic for 2 - 4 weeks! That part does interest me how overseas can get here quickly but to move between two states takes week s...