Old 13-05-2019, 07:04 PM
SuperG

Where do I go now??

I'm kinda at a crossroads. I used to focus on planetary imaging but then moved to DSO a couple of years ago (ED80 configurations) . At the same time I've seen what can be done with the RASA systems. But they are expensive; the RASA 8 might be within reach if I save all year.

But I would like to get back into planetary imaging; there is nothing like seeing jupiter rotate and moon shadows pass in the course of just over an hour. Problem is my C6 gives images that still look a bit cartoonish (see attached). Then I thought, a C8 Edge HD would be nice and then get FASTAR in the future to "get the best of both worlds".

Tonight I was looking at a C9.25 OTA but my mount is an EQ5Pro. It is mildly more costly than the C8 Edge HD. It might just hold for planetary imaging.

If you've been at this crossroads could you comment on your decision and if you are happy with it? I'm mainly leaning towards just a planetary imaging focus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Jup_010450_g4_ap12 - Copy.jpg)
13.4 KB53 views