Old 24-12-2011, 06:04 PM
coldlegs (Stephen)
Chopped its rear end off!

Nebulosity LRGB wrong file size puzzle

Ok. Decided to have a bit of pre Christmas fun with my QHY9mono camera and filter wheel before I stripped down the eq6pro mount and hypertuned it/cleaned it/greased it etc. So I fired up my orion awesome autoguider and got it to give the mount a good kick in the cogs and took some pictures. Did the darks/ bias and flats and started running nebulosity for the first time. Stumbled a few times but got the lights through preliminary processing ok and then tried to assemble an LRGB image using the command “LRGB Color Synthesis” when I got an error message saying the files were of different sizes so I started checking the files sizes. My original xxx.FIT images were all 4,167,360 bytes, my processed lights (pproc_xxx.fit) were all 4,167,360 bytes but my aligned and stacked files were different (lum 4,201,920, red 4,219,200, green 4,193,280, blue 4,190,400). Now I now I had a drift of approximately 20 pixels per hour so when they were aligned and stacked there would be some edges of the frame that would be partially stacked and they would be different sizes but assumed nebulosity would analyse and align the frames for LRGB. Apparently not! It wont let you input different size frames at the start of the LRGB process. So I started looking for some kind of trimming process that needed to be applied beforehand but couldn't find it. Any ideas how to get past this point?? I must have missed a step somewhere but can't see it.

Merry Christmas gang
Stephen
Old 25-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Craig_L
Craig

Hi Trevor,

You may not have done this:

After you have a stack each for the L, R, G, and B, you need to go into the BATCH menu and select ALIGN AND COMBINE, and in that menu tick SAVE EACH FILE and then the method - TRANSLATION - ROTATION - SCALE. Select the 4 stacked files. Press okay and you will get 4 new files created with ALIGNED in the name.

Then use LRGB Colour Synthesis using these 4 "aligned" files.

Craig
Old 25-12-2011, 05:00 PM
coldlegs (Stephen)
Chopped its rear end off!

Craig
Thanks a bunch. That solved it.
Cheers
Stephen