ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Neutronstar (T)

Off to a great start..

When growing up I spent many nights with my dad bino's on an old wood tripod. I waited too long to get back to observing but I guess better late than never. My knowledge of the night sky is scant at best so lots of learning to do.

After a few posts here I was offered a mint Tak FS-60Q with alt-az mount. Scope arrived very well packed and in-Tak-t (pun). After a quick check and assembly I eargerly awaited the evening. I pointed it at Orion and here and there and I must say its a big step up from the old spotting scope I had been using. These Taks sure are beautifully made.

A big thank you to ICE member Kunama for making this possible and spending time on the phone guiding me. I also jumped in and joined the SA Astronomical Society and will attend a few of their viewing nights I hope soon. I hope to get some family members hooked as well. One of the best things about scopes is you can share the view.

I think the little Tak will take me on a great journey through the cosmos, I am sure though more gear to come to enhance the view.

Cheers

Tim
Old 13-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Kunama

Hello Tim, Glad you're enjoying the little Tak. Now to pair it up with an 8 or 10" Cat or dob for the best of both worlds

These little Taks are the ideal travel scopes, I especially love them for lunar and solar viewing. No set up time and airline portable !!!
Old 13-12-2014, 08:47 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Hello Tim .... very nice Scope you have there.

On'yah Kunama....

Col.....