Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19-11-2020, 11:51 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Microscope progress.

I now have two microscopes and two cameras ...the second an early Xmas present I was told purchased without knowing about the first..anyways I have been active with both trying to learn basic control of both the microscopes and the cameras..Ironically although I loaded the software that came with each camera I am using my astronomy capture software, Sharpcap, to get some videos.

Last night managed a reasonably decent session at the second microscope but need to download some video editing software and tidy them up but very happy so far..the best news, although not recorded on video, is I saw my first Tardigrad...a water bear..it seems you just have to see one to have arrived..so interesting and apparently perhaps the tuffest creature on Earth capable of extremes that would kill a human..and so cute..I called him Terry and put the slide back into my sample jar so he would survive...but he does not come when called. It is incredible all the life running around.

I would recomend the hobby as when cloudy you can turn to microscopy.
I will try and create some videos but I guess I need to put them on youtube for anyone to be able to see them..if I do I will say so.
Alex
Old 19-11-2020, 12:01 PM
glend (Glen)

I hope Terry is not living in your drinking water. Don't look at the creatures living in your bed sheets.
Old 19-11-2020, 12:20 PM
JohnF (John)

yes Microscopes are fun. What microscope did you get. Currently staying in Brisbane with my son, back home Wednesday.
Old 21-11-2020, 08:54 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
yes Microscopes are fun. What microscope did you get. Currently staying in Brisbane with my son, back home Wednesday.
I have ended up with two.. a binocular and a tri nocular with a camera for each.
Alex