Old 12-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Scorby1965 (BillyKirkbright)

Hi all

Hi everyone

I figured as I'm reigniting my love for astronomy I'd introduce myself. 18 years ago I joined an astronomy group and became very interested in astronomy. Shortly after that I bought a 90mm refractor and it gave me an immense about of pleasure being able to see the solar system objects and some deeper space objects.

What I found most pleasurable was showing other who didn't have access to a telescope and seeing their amazement and being able to view the rings of Saturn and the moon. Eventually my interest became a little complacent as my viewing through a 90mm refractor was fairly limited. I'm on the verge of buying a Dob 10 goto and looking forward to getting back into this fascinating hobby of astronomy!

Baring in mind my budget, I've chosen to buy the Dob 10 primarily for its viewing capabilities with the possibility of taking some photos of solar system objects.

Best regards

Billy
Old 13-06-2017, 07:59 AM
cadman342001 (Andy)

Welcome Billy !

Andy
Old 13-06-2017, 01:22 PM
JA

Welcome to the forum Billy. Join in on the discussions and enjoy your time here.

Best
JA
Old 13-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Welcome to our little community Billy

Depending on what you want to use for photography changes what you need to look for in a dob.
If you want to use a DSLR you may need to get either a SkyWatcher or Saxon as they have enough back focus to come into focus. If you want to use a webcam or your phone, any of them would do