Old 26-02-2021, 11:16 AM
TrevorW

Comments

I posted three images recently a lot of people looked but no comments, either way I would be happy with suggestions to improve or someone even offering processing workflows that may help, my skills have become rusty after an extended hiatus, any comment whether positive or negative is better than no comment at all as I want to improve what I do - I have access to PS Pc2,3,6, Affinity, Pixinsight LE, even IRIS for processing with DSS for stacking- thank you
Old 26-02-2021, 11:50 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Trevor
Most people starting out in astrophotography or coming back after a long break usually post in the beginners section rather than then deep space section which is generally for advanced imagers
I’ve been posting my images in beginners for nearly 4 years and even though some are pretty good ( up to ones interpretation) I’m hesitant to post in deep space as I don’t think I’m anywhere in that league yet ( limited by skill, equipment and processing )
Can I mention that when you post try and give the details of your equipment, rough imaging location , sky conditions, capture details ( exposure types and times and software used etc.., ) and some stacking/ processing details
I little more detail does help
You may find more folk will comment and provide advice etc...
Cheers
Martin
Old 26-02-2021, 12:36 PM
raymo

Hi Trevor, Your experience seems to have coincided with a general drop off
in usage of IIS, which was the subject of a very recent thread.
As was mentioned in the deep space section replies to your thread, general
technique and processing assistance is best sought here in Beginners.
The pool of experienced members who will provide comments and assistance
here in Beginners is quite small, maybe somewhere between 10 and 20 at
a guess.
I've been in AP for 68yrs, but couldn't get my head around digital processing, so I only offer occasional general assistance.
With reference to your Eta image, lots of noise, as is to be expected from a single sub at high ISO, and star elongation which is also to be expected when using an alt/az mount, assuming that it doesn't have a wedge. If it has a wedge then the elongation will be due to polar alignment.
raymo
Old 27-02-2021, 12:32 PM
xa-coupe (Jeff)

I've stopped posting up pictures for the same reason Trevor. Even in the short time I've been on these forums the traffic seems to have reduced.
Old 27-02-2021, 02:54 PM
PKay (Peter)

Hug Bro.

Life is tuff sometimes...
Old 02-03-2021, 12:47 PM
ChrisV (Chris)

I'm one of the non-commenters who used to comment on images. My excuse is covid- been totally frantic at work. So don't have time to actually look at images on iis (on a good monitor rather than my crappy little phone) and think about them. In fact I haven't even had time to do imaging myself.