Old 07-01-2018, 07:06 PM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Iss

ISS just passed overhead SW to E almost through the SCP Just caught a very cloud obscured glimpse of it in the last minute as it showed through some thin striated cloud.
That's been about the limit of my astro observing for the last two weeks. Nonstop clouds and lately very heavy rain and storm weather. Normally these things pass either side of NZ but this one tracked right down the middle and dumped on everybody.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:51 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroID View Post
ISS just passed overhead SW to E almost through the SCP Just caught a very cloud obscured glimpse of it in the last minute as it showed through some thin striated cloud.
That's been about the limit of my astro observing for the last two weeks. Nonstop clouds and lately very heavy rain and storm weather. Normally these things pass either side of NZ but this one tracked right down the middle and dumped on everybody.
Been cloudy here in Sydney mostly ..now mostly clear but bad seeing and transperancy lately..thank someone(God)? for double stars...ISS ZARYA is currently 404km up 7.672 km /sec at 7100 km distance from here..according to Skysafari Plus.
According to Brian Cox.".things can only get better".
bigjoe.

Last edited by bigjoe; 08-01-2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 08-01-2018, 07:55 PM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

And tonight is just the opposite, very clear skies. Why couldn't the ISS make a pass overhead NOW !!
Never mind, I'm capturing the obligatory M42 photons, first of my season with the ASI 1600mm-c but I have my eyes on something a bit different up there next.
Nobody buy NUFFIN !! Keep them clouds at bay ...
Old 10-01-2018, 08:22 AM
Sconesbie (Scott)

Absolute ripper skies at home in Tas last night. I saw it on dusk. Very bright and continued for what seemed forever. A neighbor came out as I was watching. I told him what I was looking at and he didn't believe me at first. Hoping it's clear tonight and I'll let him know and he can bring his boys out for a look too.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:41 PM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Is it scheduled to do another pass over Tassie tonight as well ?