Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Eyepieces, Barlows and Filters

Old 01-02-2018, 06:59 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

NB filters are here..., what's next?

Hi all,

Finally my filters of NB [36mm] arrived and i got them from post office yesterday but i didn't open them yet, so now my 36mm set is complete if we talked about NB + LRGB, so now all what i need after if i get a new scope is to learn about how to take exposures properly.

I am looking for to learn about flats, i read so many methods people are using for flats, so now i want to know, is flat about source of light to be placed in front of a scope or just overexposed exposures or what exactly? i did read about what is flat but i feel i still don't know how to achieve it, fast exposures similar to bias?

I know i will spend time taking photos with my filters sooner or later, but from first times simple exposures i posted members pointed me to have flats right away, even i saw some nice images from others somewhere without calibration subs or without flats, but i think to have best result i have to get all ready, and i said last year that i am not in rush, i will learn things slowly, so now the filters are here, and hope the scope once i get that ...... budget soon to order it then i am already covered, more accessories as upgrade will come eventually, but if i start i need to know what i should focus on rather than light and dark and bias and flat?

Galaxies are good targets for HaLRGB, what about Nebulae? HaOiiiSii or HaLRGB or all of them if it is possible? clusters sounds easier here as i see 95% are done with LRGB only

Focusing sure will be something i have to think about, i am really looking for getting autofocuser no matter what, so this is my next plan once i buy that late LATE scope, but, is it necessary to have a FT focuser if i will use an autofocuser? different autofocusers will be another headache long topic, i got different recommendations and all are working fine by others, so i hope i choose something good and reasonable price too, but if i must buy a FeatherTouch focuser then that will be too much payment for FT + Motor.