Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-05-2018, 05:24 PM
DaveO (David)
In Search of Photons

Astrotrailer for sale - price drop

SHMBO has said "get rid of the trailer!" So I have dropped the price again.

Alas, the time to part with the astrotrailer has come. This is the trailer that I restored back in 2007.

A regular site at Qld Astrofest, it kept me warm and comfortable at Duckadang (and other places) without the snoring that comes with the dorms!

However I haven't been able to get away like this for several years, an it seems a waste to have it sitting unused.

I have posted it on Gumtree where it is listed at $1600. The money will go towards completing the POD at home.

Gumtree description:

This is a classic camper trailer from the days before "glamping"!

I purchased this trailer in 2007 from the original owner, and gave it a new coat of paint and a bit of loving over the Easter weekend. Since then it has been used perhaps a dozen times or so, and has been reliable regardless of the weather. The paintwork is due for a bit of a touch up (as shown in the pictures), but if I can do it over a weekend, I suspect most people can.

The box trailer has a solid top (where the bed goes), and three bays underneath, two of which can be accessed from either side. The sides fold down, and the one inside provides excellent support and access at night.

The tent is made from solid canvas - it's old, but in great nick. The insect screen on one window has been repaired with gaffer tap to seal some holes, but otherwise they are all in good condition. The lock on storage box at the front needs to be replaced if you want to leave the trailer unattended (I never bothered).

There is a fold out awning that doubles the floor space (although it isn't one of those with walls). The trailer comes with all guy ropes, posts etc, and I am throwing in the tarps, marine carpet, broom and brushpan (you gotta keep it clean!). Everything sits nicely on top of the tent under the cover as seen in the photos.

There are also chocks for the wheels, an airpump (for tyres and airbeds), and a gas cylinder.

Putting the tent up can be done by one person in about 15 minutes (although two definitely makes it easier and quicker).

No, this isn't one of those fancy campers that come with everything (and costs a small fortune). It's old, solid and honest. And has many years service left in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_2800.jpg)
93.9 KB244 views

Last edited by DaveO; 20-05-2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Edited price