Old 24-11-2020, 03:22 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well the current plan is to rebuild a slightly old desk top by the guy who originally built it..I figure both he and me will do better financially and I feel we can build a decent unit from what I have..well it's yet another gift so I am way ahead.
Today I set up a $13 Woolworths fan on a little inverter, with its very own battery and regulated solar panel...and have been out there testing it..great..it is cooler out the than the van plus I have an air con unit to bring up..but I have been out there tidy tidy tidy doing small jobs and stacking some poor subs for fun...the good thing the inverter will switch off when the batteries go down and restart when they are charged ..so it's auto..one less thing to switch on and off..but I have lots of foam off cuts..and am thinking to build a glider, say 2 my wing span, source a rc car or something for simple controls ..I realised the tar road would give great thermals...but I could lay out some builders sheet ( black plastic here to get it up and to the road) I really want to have a go at the first person view thing...and I give you the drum..these microscopes are excellent they keep me occupied for over 45 minutes each time...learning the photography cause I can but I am not that taken with it...but I strangely care for these little creatures..I always put them back in their jar so they can live out their little lives ... and I now have four spiders all up..sadly I kill the mice only because they are so very destructive plus if you have mice you will have snakes...
The reason I am outspoken about making the best of things is that I see so many folk around me just Sortta wither up and die and the one thing they all have in common is poor attitude...always complaing and grizling about small things..how things are going downhill etc...well things are better than they ever were but they don't see it and loose the desire to live I guess...the happier you are the more good luck you have ( and gifts).
Hope you bought CBA at $60 as they are now over $80
Alex
Old 24-11-2020, 04:32 PM
Wilsil (Wilco)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Alex

PS: Believe it or not I still use my hand controller to Polar Align. DSLR on live view in BYEOS ( 5 x zoom reticle ) I got the error down to 0.35 arc sec DEC and 0.50 arc sec RA with only 3 iterations ( about 10 mins )
Hi Martin, you don't even need this anymore. :-)
I am using Sharpcap 2.9 with my Canon EOS-M6 and polar align.
The hand controller has been sitting in it's box for the last 2 imaging sessions.
Old 24-11-2020, 04:44 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsil View Post
Hi Martin, you don't even need this anymore. :-)
I am using Sharpcap 2.9 with my Canon EOS-M6 and polar align.
The hand controller has been sitting in it's box for the last 2 imaging sessions.
Thanks Wil
Yeh there’s a ton of programs out there that can polar align but all of them no matter how sophisticated require a good alignment star and good atmospheric conditions to improve or tighten your error
I’m already running 8 programs on my laptop so I don’t really want another one added, in fact I quite enjoy using the ol’ hand controller for 10 minutes or so, takes me back when I first started 4 years ago and I’m consistently getting good polar alignment at my image scale
Thanks for your suggestion
Martin