Old 09-11-2013, 08:42 AM
E_ri_k (Erik)

What are these lines/bands?

Hi guys, I get these lines/bands in my images with the QHY9. Any ideas on what it could be? They show up in the final image, and are a bit annoying….

They appear in luminous frames, and dark frames, not in the Bias. If you zoom in it appears that there is some sort of pattern below the band, like a checkerboard? And the smaller section above the band looks clean?

I don't think it is an issue with the USB cables, because I'm using the same cables with the OSC with no problems. I will double check though.

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Lum.jpg)
237.5 KB36 views
Click for full-size image (Red.jpg)
237.3 KB43 views
Click for full-size image (Dark.jpg)
171.4 KB45 views
Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

I know nothing of the QHY9 but I did see this regarding horizontal lines.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 AM
coldlegs (Stephen)
Chopped its rear end off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ri_k View Post
Hi guys, I get these lines/bands in my images with the QHY9. Any ideas on what it could be? They show up in the final image, and are a bit annoying….

They appear in luminous frames, and dark frames, not in the Bias. If you zoom in it appears that there is some sort of pattern below the band, like a checkerboard? And the smaller section above the band looks clean?

I don't think it is an issue with the USB cables, because I'm using the same cables with the OSC with no problems. I will double check though.

Erik
Erik
I'm tempted to think there might be two problems. The first is the darkest line. That looks like a row read problem or a low sensitivity row. The second are the other lines which look like signal noise - possible cabling etc. My qhy9m has a small column problem that goes away after processing. Might try swapping cabling/ports around. Not sure if this helps but good luck.
Cheers
Stephen
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (column error.jpg)
39.3 KB17 views
Old 09-11-2013, 11:12 AM
E_ri_k (Erik)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasyoungonce View Post
I know nothing of the QHY9 but I did see this regarding horizontal lines.
I took 2 dark frames, 300 seconds long, one with the "No USB readout" checked, and one unchecked, like it was with ALL my other subs. I get no bands on either now for some reason? But with the box checked, the image is so much cleaner, with no funny pattern. In all my other subs it took 900 seconds for the bands to show up. Have to go to work, but I'll try longer subs tonight.

Although I think you may have solved my problem.

Thanks
Erik
Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 PM
E_ri_k (Erik)

I think you hit the nail on the head Brendan. I'll be interested to test a luminous sub to see if that checkbox was the culprit. In regards to the dark frames though, they look clean

Typical, spend 9 hours imaging, to find one simple checkbox wasn't checked……

Erik