Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space

Old 01-06-2019, 01:58 AM
PRejto (Peter)

Thanks Lee!

I guess 100% sure is silly sounding given how many things can and do go wrong with regularity. But at least I have more confidence in the camera. And, I picked up the newly designed flattener in Los Angeles a few hours ago.

Peter
Old 01-06-2019, 08:03 AM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

'tis a very lovely image Peter. Agree with others about the pleasant and appealing aesthetic approach. Well done!

Oh, what a tale of woe! On par with our experience with the now more-or-less nonexistent Apogee. Four months door-to-door to do a very minor repair under warranty, then death of the main camera a few weeks after its return. Then being told that the replacement camera that we'd ordered and paid for could not be manufactured just now. Then, as we dusted ourselves off and installed a lovely new FLI camera, the drivers for the Apogee filter wheel and (admittedly ancient) guide cameras, which have loaded fine through several generations of computer, will not load on a brand new one. End of the road. We've been down since October, and the skies pristine.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:24 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Hello MnT,

Thanks for the kind words. I think your tale is as bad as mine or worse. I hope you will find a way to be up and running very soon. Re the computer, have you considered loading a virtual system with an older operating system? Or, is it a hardware issue?

Peter
Old 03-06-2019, 09:12 AM
Paul Haese

This hobby is not for the impatient. I know that one for a fact. Well done on persevering and sorting the issues. I really like the colour of this image. Detail is good too.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:47 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Thanks a lot Paul! I've been following your saga with interest and a bit of sorrow. Maybe you and I and MnT should form a club (others welcome!).

Peter
Old 04-06-2019, 02:58 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
'tis a very lovely image Peter. Agree with others about the pleasant and appealing aesthetic approach. Well done!

Oh, what a tale of woe! On par with our experience with the now more-or-less nonexistent Apogee. Four months door-to-door to do a very minor repair under warranty, then death of the main camera a few weeks after its return. Then being told that the replacement camera that we'd ordered and paid for could not be manufactured just now. Then, as we dusted ourselves off and installed a lovely new FLI camera, the drivers for the Apogee filter wheel and (admittedly ancient) guide cameras, which have loaded fine through several generations of computer, will not load on a brand new one. End of the road. We've been down since October, and the skies pristine.
Also to add to that, FLI has been bought out. I sent them 3 emails to get a replacement dead fan. No response. I probably need a new email contact and not the one on their website. I hope they continue to service their products.

Greg.