Old 11-03-2014, 10:41 AM
kosh

Astronomik cls-Ccd size advice

Hi all,
I am planning to buy an astronomik cls Ccd LP filter for my AP setup as the light pollution is pretty bad here at times.
My question is, which size filter is best? I currently use a modded 1000D so I would say a clip filter any day. But I plan to buy a dedicated astro cam like the atik 383+ or something similar down the road and I want to use the filter with that also, when I get it,, if ever.
Is there any reason I wouldn't buy the 2" version now? I normally use 2" adaptors when attaching my DSLR to a scope, and I use a baader MPCC mk3 with my newt.
I'm only asking in case there is some technicality which I haven't considered before purchasing ( as there usually is ).

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:35 PM
White Rabbit
Space Cadet

Get the 2" with out question. It will save from having to buy it again....like I did. Check out the ice trades they always come up for sale.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Chris85 (Chris)

I'd go the 2" as well. I use 1.25" filters with my 383 and there's some mean vignetting! Like what Sandy has just said, you don't want to buy twice.
Chris
Old 12-03-2014, 10:09 AM
kosh

Thanks guys,
I was thinking that way too. Well it's been ordered, it will be interesting to see if it does what it says on the tin.

Goran.