Old 10-09-2017, 06:59 PM
SuperG

Quote:
Originally Posted by benklerk View Post
I have one I use for guiding. I use 1 sec.

But I do have problems where it split frames, so my guide star is lost until I stop the camera and start again.
So I will be replacing the camera with ZWO new mini cameras.

I have the USB2 version and I have read that its the USB2 version has this issue, and upgrading the drivers do not work.

Ben
Ben there is a USB traffic setting for the zwo cams. Have you tried lowering that? It may fix the split frames problem. I have heard of this problem before;

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/5...-and-asi120mc/
Old 11-09-2017, 11:14 AM
benklerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
Ben there is a USB traffic setting for the zwo cams. Have you tried lowering that? It may fix the split frames problem. I have heard of this problem before;

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/5...-and-asi120mc/
Hi SuperG

I already know about this and the speed is at its lowest setting, and I still get the issue. So I'll be replacing this camera with a better guide camera and the 120mm will become an All sky camera instead.

Ben
Old 11-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

I've got a USB3 version that I used to run usually at 1s but I did at one stage try 0.1s exposures with very low aggression.

My EQ6 didn't like longer than 2s exposures though.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:47 AM
glend (Glen)

I have both a ASI130MM and a ASI120MM, that are used for guiding constantly with no issues. However, i use Metaguide, have for years, as i could never get PHD or PHD2, to behave correctly with these cameras. PHD was constantly locking up when dealing with a video stream. Metaguide was designed for video cameras and has no problems. Yeah there will be guys jumping up and down about ASI cameras working with PHD2, but its always about slowing the camera down to make up for PHDs tendancy to fall over.
Old 19-09-2017, 06:17 PM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Never had any issues with my ASI120MM with PHD2. On Glen's advice I even installed Metaguide to see if it performed any better but I didn't find that the case and it was was too complicated to get it CALIBRATED compared to PHD2. I wonder if Glen's issues are related to using a slow computer or maybe a crappy USB lead?
Old 19-09-2017, 06:26 PM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_4059 View Post
Never had any issues with my ASI120MM with PHD2. On Glen's advice I even installed Metaguide to see if it performed any better but I didn't find that the case and it was was too complicated to get it CALIBRATED compared to PHD2. I wonder if Glen's issues are related to using a slow computer or maybe a crappy USB lead?
Ha ha, you would not believe it but i have switched over to PHD2, simply because i could not get the120MM to calibrate properly under Metaguide. It worked, at least in terms of connecting and controlling, but calibration was a nightmare for some reason. My cabling and computer are fine.
Old 19-09-2017, 06:35 PM
Premordial (Max)
Pale green dot

I've used the 120MC for two years. 2.5sec exposures in PHD. Been reliable.
Old 19-09-2017, 06:43 PM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Ha ha, you would not believe it but i have switched over to PHD2, simply because i could not get the120MM to calibrate properly under Metaguide. It worked, at least in terms of connecting and controlling, but calibration was a nightmare for some reason. My cabling and computer are fine.
Old 19-09-2017, 07:33 PM
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
You'll be using Pixinsight next