Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 05-09-2018, 05:01 PM
beren

Takahashi Mewlon250

For sale a Takahashi Mewlon 250S Dall-Kirkham Telescope, comes with the BRC-250 tube rings/Takahashi mounting plate, professionally made custom case, electronic focuser handbox and cooling harness.
It was manufactured in the 2008 run and I brought it in 2011 from the original owner. When brought it was described as in mint condition but as usually is the case with the used market one persons mint is another persons very good etc. So with that there are three things to note on the scope.....

1.When looking at the primary from the front at 10 o'clock there is a very fine 5mm-10mm mark/scratch near the outer perimeter of the mirror. Its hard to see but its there.
2.Where the tube rings hinge on the ota there is some light marking from incorrect placement of the Tak rings.
3.The 8x50 finderscope rear objective focusing unit is loose and needs to be refocused at times during observing.

Besides those the scope is a wonderful scope and has been a joy to use. It's easy to maintain with easy access to the primary for cleaning {have cleaned the mirror once}.

Last edited by beren; 14-09-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:11 PM
Ozincm (Greg)

Hi I also have a Mewlon, the 210 which is very similar to the 250 and am interested how you went about cleaning the primary mirror. I would appreciate any tips or how to go about the process.. many thanks.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:36 PM
RB (Andrew)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozincm View Post
Hi I also have a Mewlon, the 210 which is very similar to the 250 and am interested how you went about cleaning the primary mirror. I would appreciate any tips or how to go about the process.. many thanks.
Please send a PM to beren instead.
We don't allow off topic discussion in the Sales section.

RB
Old 06-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Toulalda

Re mewlon 250S

Hi
PM sent

regards
Tony
Old 07-09-2018, 09:55 AM
skyway (Stathe)

Hello, PM sent yesterday. Regards, Stathe.