Old 07-05-2012, 05:14 PM
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

Thanks guys. Couple of updates.

Robin - thanks so much for your PM. I thought I was doing the instructions from the QHY forum post linked above perfectly. I think I was doing it too literally, and when I was editing the inf file I literally copied the values that were on the forum post. Your PM "clicked" with me and I realised that I should have been using the hardware ID from my device, which is different to what's in the post.

So after doing that, I was able to get step 3 from here: http://qhyccd.com/ccdbbs/index.php?t...16136#msg16136 to actually install successfully.

From there, I tried to follow the next steps using the vidpid.rar file. The device did not get detected as new and didn't get to do the install drivers mentioned in that word doc. Possibly because they were already installed by now? Anyway, I followed through with the second part which is running that ezmr.exe file and appears to flash the hardware with correct IDs? That seemed to work.

So I installed the latest QHY5 windows driver, the update, and the ASCOM driver from QHY website. All installed fine and now the camera appears to be working in Maxim DL.

So thanks so much all for your help there.

Now, as for the hardware modding. I'm not overly keen on that at this stage. What I might do is keep an eye on this issue. If it happens again, or regularly I'll reassess the situation. But in the meantime I'm hoping this is a once-in-a-blue-moon occurrence and won't need to do often.

If and when I do, I like Martin's idea of the post and jumpers. At least that's reversible etc.

Thanks again, all.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Troy - I've heard of similar issues with the DSI and there is a similar process to reflash it.

The key to avoiding it in that case is to ensure the USB connection at the camera is not disturbed. I always secure the usb cable so the plug doesn't come under any strain when the scope moves.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Tandum (Robin)

Yaaahh a win is always good. I figured you might be having trouble with the jinglish they use on that forum.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:18 PM
allan gould

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_4059 View Post
Troy - I've heard of similar issues with the DSI and there is a similar process to reflash it.

The key to avoiding it in that case is to ensure the USB connection at the camera is not disturbed. I always secure the usb cable so the plug doesn't come under any strain when the scope moves.
Had the problem with my DSI when the usb connection went flackey and had to reflash its memory to tell it what chip it had. Only after the 6th attempt did it finally take after a laptop reboot. After that I said this is not nice so I ordered a Lodestar as a guider and it should arrive tomorrow.
Glad you got your running again Troy.
Allan