ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2018, 10:18 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

The Great Pyramid

I have been looking at various youtube vids on pyramids...from mainstream to nutter interpretations.

But they must have been a busy lot...with 2.5 million blocks in the great pyramid and a supposed construction period of 20 years that means they quarried, transported and placed blocks at a rate of 13 an hour each and every hour of every day in that 20 years...
Even with a 24 hour a day work force it is hard to imagine how they built it... even if we give them 40 years working 24/7 they would need to lay 6 or 7 an hour...pity we could not get those workers building our roads☺
If they only worked in day light the numbers require near double the block laying rate suggested...
Even with a large work force one wonders how they could all fit on the work site...
Imagine building such today...quarrying 13 blocks an hour, transporting them and setting them in place.
Alex
Old 07-11-2018, 10:20 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

I reckon no OH&S + tens of thousands of slaves might have done it until that moses bloke started a union.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:30 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I think they would need Moses mate to get it done☺
Alex
Old 07-11-2018, 10:34 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

One block every five minutes ...thats faster than a lot of brick layers today☺
I can understand how they cut limestone with bronze tools but I wonder how bronze went with the granite...
Alex
Old 20-11-2018, 04:26 PM
Astrophe (John)

The Great Pyramid was definitely NOT built as a tomb and Alex's musings on the virtual impossibility of building that giant structure in a mere 20 years (with the resources available at that remote period), have highlighted the real conundrum surrounding the origins of that amazing construction.

It is clearly not a tomb, as we all know that the Ancient Egyptians built their tombs underground and the so-called 'King's Chamber' in the Great Pyramid is about 80 meters above ground level.....not something any self-respecting Egyptian would (or could) contemplate. Also, there is a total lack of inscriptions and images inside the Great Pyramid. As we all know, the Pharaohs festooned the interiors of their tombs with all manner of paintings and hieroglyphs, in order to assure them of a safe passage to the underworld and the enjoyment of all the good things of life, thereafter.

So who built it and what it was originally built for, remains a tantalizing mystery. Just my take.
Old 20-11-2018, 08:34 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Probably a place to store gold☺
Just looking into stone structures in South Africa.
It is becoming apparent that we have a history different from the history starting with Eygpt....which suits the current religions and I suspect "they" may well guide us to think human history is only a few thousand years and yet there are many ruins being discovered that indicates there was possibly an advanced civilization before Eygpt ...but that does not suit the Mosses story and so there seems a determination not to entertain an earlier advanced civilization...
Anyways lots of stuff I am only now finding out about...
I would love to be able to look at the various river mouths where they were approx 11000 years ago before sea levels rose by 400 feet and I bet if there was any advanced civilization that is where there my be evidence.
The big thing to notice is how mainstream is not buying into this given the Yonger Dryas event now seems to have an impact crator in the region expected to cause this extrodinary sea level rise...just think if we suffered that...in a couple of thousand years what trace would be left of us...
Something to think about on cloudy nights.
And now that Atlantis has been found.....

Alex
Old 20-11-2018, 11:23 PM
Wavytone

Alex you’re about 50 years late.. von Daniken covered it all. cf Chariots of the Gods etc..
Old 20-11-2018, 11:37 PM
Stonius (Markus)

Maybe they were just trying to get a *really solid foundation for a pier mount? :-D
Old 21-11-2018, 12:02 AM
Wavytone

Simple - the ultimate conclusion of Pyramid Piwer - the bigger it is the more power - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_power

Must have had a lot of knives needing sharpening...
Old 21-11-2018, 07:55 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavytone View Post
Simple - the ultimate conclusion of Pyramid Piwer - the bigger it is the more power - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_power

There's one in Canberra. Makes sense now.
Old 21-11-2018, 09:52 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Alex you’re about 50 years late.. von Daniken covered it all. cf Chariots of the Gods etc..
I did see Eric having a chat on utube but cant recall anything he said.
Graham Hancock is another, if not the main voice, suggesting an advanced civilization prior to the Yonger Drayas flood or rather sea level rise.
The recent discovery of the crater in Greenland is very hard to ignore as support for his hypothisis.
However folk getting involved in presenting ideas go a little to far in some cases with the injection of aliens and various unsupported ideas.
At this point I am inclined to accept the sea level rise and a possibility that there is a commonality with various ruins world wide that suggest a civilization that was wide spread.
Often when you look at ancient ruins there seems to be evidence of two different builders...the older more sophisticated than those who it is suggested came after.

Alex
Old 21-11-2018, 09:56 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonius View Post
Maybe they were just trying to get a *really solid foundation for a pier mount? :-D
Well that may be closer to the truth than the tomb idea in so far as there are various aspects that suggest astronomy had a great influence...not that that excludes the tomb idea.
Alex
Old 21-11-2018, 10:08 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:

The problem with suggesting anything outside main stream is that it gets grouped with the nutter element, and that is somewhat reasonable, however that results in more reasonable alternatives being dismissed out of hand and I am convinced there is a reluctance related to religion and that is not only understandable but can be expected.
There certainly is a reluctance to consider gobekli tepe as put there by an agricultural based culture as to do so changes everything we believed we knew.
That site suggests agriculture existed perhaps 5000 years or more earlier than what we currently believe.
Alex
Old 21-11-2018, 10:13 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

This is the stuff I am looking into at the moment...irrespective of the dates its most interesting.

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/200-...e-history/amp/
Old 21-11-2018, 11:02 AM
JA

Hi Alex,
I was interested in seeing some detailed images of the Maputo structures in the link you posted and found this covered it further (as well as some ET issues).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xsv0jzE7FU

Best
JA
Old 21-11-2018, 12:36 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks looking forward to looking at it when I get a break.
Alex
Old 21-11-2018, 05:59 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Just to clarify a common misconception, the pyramids were not built by slaves.
https://www.harvardmagazine.com/2003...-pyramids-html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5BfFozokdo

Also it's 500,000 large blocks not 2.5 million. In total it was 2.5 million but many of those were much smaller blocks for infill.
Old 21-11-2018, 06:17 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks Nik
Probably best to work out cubic meters laid or put in place per hour....
Alex
Old 22-11-2018, 03:43 PM
Astrophe (John)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Just to clarify a common misconception, the pyramids were not built by slaves.
https://www.harvardmagazine.com/2003...-pyramids-html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5BfFozokdo

Also it's 500,000 large blocks not 2.5 million. In total it was 2.5 million but many of those were much smaller blocks for infill.

Yes. It has been accepted by mainstream archeologists, that slaves did not build the pyramids. For a start, Ancient Egypt was not a slave-state like Greece or Rome. Most slaves in the ancient world were acquired as a result of war, and for most of its life Ancient Egypt was fairly pacific. Yes, the Pharaohs did wage war, but mostly in response to incursions made by (usually) culturally less advanced peoples. Ancient Egypt was almost never a militarily aggressive state like those mentioned above.
Old 22-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Wussell (Russell)

The great pyramid is an 8 sided pyramid.