Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 10-09-2019, 05:16 PM
glend (Glen)

Orion 15x70 Astro Binoculars

My Orion 15x70 Long Eye Relief Astro Binoculars are for sale. My vision problems mean that I have not been able to use these binoculars for several years now (Macular Degeneration). Rather than just have them gathering dust in the closet it is better to pass them on to someone who can use them.

I bought them for Bintel years ago, and they have been slighty used in the early days. Still the curent version from what I can tell fromt he Bintel ad for new ones, located here:

https://www.bintel.com.au/product/or...v=6cc98ba2045f

To quote the copy:
Light transmission through the 15×70 Astro-Binocular and view contrast is optimized by virtue of high quality BAK-4 prisms, fully multi-coated optics, and internal baffling. Eyeglass wearers can enjoy the view without removing their glasses, thanks to a luxurious 18mm eye relief. Foldable eyeguards provide helpful protection from distracting peripheral light sources, and they conveniently fold down for comfortable use with eyeglasses. Note that there is an adjustable bridge and the right eye piece can be adjusted for differential focus requirements between eyes (meaning you if your eyes are not equal, simply focus first with your left eye using the centre focus knob, then close the left eye and focus the right using the adjustable diopter on the right eye piece.

These lightweight powerful performers weigh 1.4kg.

There is a padde canvas bag that comes with the binoculars, and the four end caps. There is provision for a tripod mount on the centre housing, but I do not have the separate L bracket for that. Current Photos are attached.

I am asking $75 for these Orion Binoculars, and postage to any address in Australia is included in that price. If your interested please PM me here at IIS. Payment terms are direct deposit for buyers requiring shipping, and COD is fine for anyone that might want to pick them up at Lake Macquarie.
Thanks for looking.
Glen
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSCF2101.jpg)
137.1 KB17 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2102.jpg)
128.0 KB13 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2104.jpg)
117.7 KB17 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2107.jpg)
136.2 KB13 views

Last edited by glend; 11-09-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:06 PM
glend (Glen)

Sale is pending. I have one buyer.