Old 01-08-2020, 06:49 PM
that_guy (Tony)
Local Korean Millennial

M20 Luminance

First "real" image after the big move to Charleville. The skies are so nice here but the football field and neighbours don't make things too easy! Still trying to get a decent image out of the C9.25 EDGEHD and 0.7x reducer. Without the reducer, the field is as flat as the landscape out here but with the reducer, I get wonky stars on some corners. I know its most likely spacing but I currently don't have spacers to experiment with. Waiting for bintel to restock the M48 spacer set.

Around 4 hours of Luminance at 3 minute each. I've finished up R and the B but the moon is too close to M20 to finish up the G. So that'll have to wait a couple of weeks at least.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (m20_l.jpg)
199.0 KB79 views
Old 02-08-2020, 06:25 PM
Spartacus

Hey Tony,

Nice to hear the move went well. I was doing a few sessions on Trifid too but the moon put paid to that so ended up going for M17 instead. Came out nicely over two nights using the XWO duoband on the ASI294MCPro. 60 X 180sec
Shame about the football field You will just have to break out the narrowbands. Not what you would have expect to do out there though.
Hope you are well, at least Charleville is out of the way COVID-wise.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 03-08-2020, 05:09 PM
Bart
Don't have a cow, Man!

Mmmm....I thought I had commented on this one. Oh well.

Lovely stuff, nice detail, pretty good stars, lots of soft nebulous reflection stuff around the emission area. Cannot wait for the colour version, pleeeeaseeee!
Old 04-08-2020, 10:29 AM
that_guy (Tony)
Local Korean Millennial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
Hey Tony,

Nice to hear the move went well. I was doing a few sessions on Trifid too but the moon put paid to that so ended up going for M17 instead. Came out nicely over two nights using the XWO duoband on the ASI294MCPro. 60 X 180sec
Shame about the football field You will just have to break out the narrowbands. Not what you would have expect to do out there though.
Hope you are well, at least Charleville is out of the way COVID-wise.

Cheers,

Mike
The footy field turns off the light around 9pm-ish so its fine after that. The neighbours are another story. They like to party until LATE in to the evening almost every day!
Old 05-08-2020, 05:08 PM
Spartacus

Ah well Tony, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Looking forward to the full colour images

Mike