Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-10-2019, 11:17 PM
glend (Glen)

Celestron CGX Mount

I have decided to sell my Celestron CGX Mount. It was purchased in the last week of December 2016 from Bintel, and is one of the first five sold by Bintel. It has been residing in my observatory since then, sitting on a pier. The tripod has only been used twice.
The CGX is a a belt drive mount, with spring loaded worm carriers, the belts and worm are properly adjusted. This mount provides 25kg of imaging capacity. Full description and features are detailed here:

https://www.bintel.com.au/product/ce...v=6cc98ba2045f

The Celestron CGX is currently selling for $3749 new from Bintel. I am offering my CGX here for $2400 (not negotible). I would prefer local pick up at Lake Macquarie NSW, as it is difficult for me to move it now. I have the original boxes if you want them, but not sure they are robust enough to ship long distances, after having sat in my shed since delivered. If you do wish to have it shipped then the buyer will have to organise that at their expense.
The mount can be seen/inspected at my location at Lake Macquarie. You will note a photo of my winter shroud, which is a low watt bulb heater to keep condensation off of the mount, this is available if the buyer wishes it (no extra cost).
I can include the custom pier mount blocks made by TPI Astro of Canada. Obviously the tripod is included along with the hand controller, and the two supplied counter weights.
If your interested then please PM me here. Payment terms would be cash or bank cheque on pickup, or direct deposit if shipped.
Photos to follow. Thanks for looking. Glend
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSCF2127.jpg)
147.8 KB106 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2128.jpg)
133.2 KB86 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2129.jpg)
197.1 KB89 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2130.jpg)
167.5 KB80 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1618.jpg)
166.2 KB101 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1673.jpg)
113.2 KB75 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF2126.jpg)
103.5 KB76 views

Last edited by glend; 15-10-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 14-10-2019, 02:49 PM
glend (Glen)

Photos are now added.

I have added a number of photos of the mount, inserted in the original post below.

The iStar 127mm F12 TCR is not included in the sale.

Thanks for looking. Glen
Old 15-10-2019, 08:55 AM
Djlpap (Laurence)

PM sent, thanks.
Old 15-10-2019, 04:12 PM
glend (Glen)

Shipping Information if desired

The CGX and Tripod system comes in two boxes. The mount head is in box one, which has a gross weight of 26kg, and dimensions of 700mm long x 550mm wide x 360mm high.
Box two contains the tripod, spreader, and the two counter weights, it has a gross weight of 22kg, and dimensions of 1170mm long x 330mm wide x 340mm high.

These dimensions and weights should give you enough information to work out potential shipping cost to you. Road transport is the most cost effective if considering this, and it was how Bintel delivers them. You can use transport agency services like Interparcel.com.au to generate quotes and handle bookings. Obviously I would recommend insurance, which is also available through Interparcel.

For people contemplating pickup, then the box dimensions need to be considered in relation to your vehicle.
Hope this info helps.