Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 25-10-2020, 07:17 PM
Peter Ward's Avatar
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Peter Ward is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Shire
Posts: 7,205
Ha meanz Heinze

H-alpha regions of the LMC...bagged while I was comparing my SonyIMX455 and KAF16803 based cameras.

Some colour would be nice...but it seems Noah's Ark needs more water

The link is here
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25-10-2020, 07:44 PM
jahnpahwa (JP)
Registered User

jahnpahwa is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Canberra, AUS
Posts: 487
Great one for comparing relative sizes there. I've been thinking about NGC2020, it's just a blip down there!

I love that you pump these images out while testing sensors! It's really impressive

Edit: can't believe this thing didn't win the contest to be called the running man nebula
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Screenshot_20201025-204448.jpg)
137.6 KB53 views
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26-10-2020, 07:28 AM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

Placidus is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Euchareena, NSW
Posts: 3,573
That's magnificent Peter! Even at 50% reduction it's chock full of sharp and interesting detail.


The Tak and the 16803 is a formidable combination.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26-10-2020, 09:32 AM
Peter Ward's Avatar
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Peter Ward is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Shire
Posts: 7,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
That's magnificent Peter! Even at 50% reduction it's chock full of sharp and interesting detail.


The Tak and the 16803 is a formidable combination.
Ta M&T. The 16803 does undersample at this focal length. On good nights the stars are almost single pixels, but nebulosity certainly gets picked up very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahnpahwa View Post
Great one for comparing relative sizes there. I've been thinking about NGC2020, it's just a blip down there!

I love that you pump these images out while testing sensors! It's really impressive

Edit: can't believe this thing didn't win the contest to be called the running man nebula
Very kind...and yes "running man" seems very apt!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26-10-2020, 11:41 AM
PeterM
Like Solar

PeterM is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,883
This is a really stunning image Peter. Bravo!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26-10-2020, 11:56 AM
vlazg's Avatar
vlazg (George)
Registered User

vlazg is offline
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Darwin
Posts: 650
Fantastic image Peter, I would love to image it but it is too low for up here and the wet season prohibits.. Jealous
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26-10-2020, 01:06 PM
multiweb's Avatar
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

multiweb is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hinchinbrook
Posts: 20,091
That's a massive very well corrected field on that FSQ. Do you have the standard focuser racked in to the max then some kind of PDF or microfocuser with a tilt mechanism between the camera and the scope? Any pic of the rig assembly?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26-10-2020, 02:17 PM
marc4darkskies's Avatar
marc4darkskies (Marcus)
Billions and Billions ...

marc4darkskies is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Quialigo, NSW
Posts: 2,886
A fine image Peter and a wonderful vista! I must go back and shoot some LMC one day myself but there's too much else I CAN'T image right now with the perfectly cloudy skies we've been having down here of late.

Somewhat predictably though, I must protest that 7 arcsec/pixel leaves way too much to the imagination.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 26-10-2020, 05:27 PM
Peter Ward's Avatar
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Peter Ward is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Shire
Posts: 7,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
A fine image Peter and a wonderful vista! I must go back and shoot some LMC one day myself but there's too much else I CAN'T image right now with the perfectly cloudy skies we've been having down here of late.

Somewhat predictably though, I must protest that 7 arcsec/pixel leaves way too much to the imagination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
That's a massive very well corrected field on that FSQ. Do you have the standard focuser racked in to the max then some kind of PDF or microfocuser with a tilt mechanism between the camera and the scope? Any pic of the rig assembly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlazg View Post
Fantastic image Peter, I would love to image it but it is too low for up here and the wet season prohibits.. Jealous
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
This is a really stunning image Peter. Bravo!
Thanks gentlemen, as Marc guessed, to hold the weight of a STX16803 and CFW, you need a better focuser. In this case it's a FLI Atlas. (sorry no piccy of the image train...a different camera is there just now)

I had a Precise Parts adapter made to convert the maze of Taka threads to an AP 2.7" which simplifies mounting the camera.

This image however was really just a test shot to make an Apples Vs Apples image comparison to the new CMOS camera.
The CMOS pixel sizes are mucho better for this FL....but at the moment, an underwater camera might be a more prudent choice
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 09:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
NexDome Observatories
Advertisement
Testar
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
Limpet Controller
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement