Old 12-01-2021, 08:21 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

Donation Recipients

Going through all the Astro crap .. I mean gear.. I have acquired and to my embarrassment not used over the years and I found a Nightscape 8300 CCD Camera I purchased on IIS. Rather than selling this I am toying with the idea of donating this camera to an Astronomy Club that has a Astrophotography program for Junior members. Anyone know of clubs that have this type of program. Still deciding if this is the best course.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:38 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hans that is a wonderful thing to do.
I can not suggest where it should go but maybe a school that has something going already.
I think the main thing to consider would be making yourself available to set it up and give some instruction as I suspect if you just donate it the risk must be that it will just sit in a draw.
Anyways nice thinking.
Alex
Old 13-01-2021, 10:00 AM
bojan
amateur

Donating is firmly in my plans as well.. when I am ready for scaling down my pile of "junk". Recipient(s) is/are still not decided..
Old 13-01-2021, 10:01 AM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Tucker View Post
I am toying with the idea of donating this camera to an Astronomy Club that has a Astrophotography program for Junior members. Anyone know of clubs that have this type of program. Still deciding if this is the best course.
That's a wonderful idea Hans.

Another possibility may be to donate it to someone who does regular, perhaps volunteer, astronomy outreach programs for schools or other community groups.

Best
JA