Old 16-03-2020, 03:51 PM
AstralTraveller (David)

Thumbs down NACAA Cancelled

It is with sorrow, but not surprise, I report that NACAA 2020 has been cancelled (see announcement from website below). Given the present trajectory of events and with three weeks still to go the organisers could not guarentee that it could go ahead. So they decided it was best to give everyone time to cancel travel and accomodation bookings.

I'm disappointed but also taking the view that, if that is the worst effect on me I'm getting off lightly. This is also another little blow for tourism: there is already a caravan park in Parkes that has lost a $650 booking. And closer to home, amongst the astronomical community, there is a small but dedicated group who put in considerable time to stage the biennial NACAA. I'm feeling sorry for them at the moment.

___________________________________ ______________________________
Due to the unprecedented situation with the COVID-19 virus, the NACAA Inc Committee has decided, with due consideration to the safety of all concerned, that the 2020 NACAA at Parkes is cancelled.

All registration fees will be refunded in full. If you have booked accommodation, don't forget to cancel.

The committee is considering where and when the next NACAA will be held; this will be announced in due course.
___________________________________ _______________________________