Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19-09-2018, 03:33 PM
AstralTraveller (David)

Aust Post success!

After all the horror stories about AP that appear here from time to time I thought I'd post a positive story. Yesterday at 4.40pm a supplier delivered a parcel to Aust Post in Adelaide and it was here (at Uni) by 7.54am today. But what really amazed me was that when I checked the parcel tracking at 8.04am the delivery was already recorded! That is good service by any standard. I'm just left wondering why they get things so wrong sometimes.
Old 19-09-2018, 07:39 PM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Yep, they can do a good job,

I for one cannot say anything bad about AP. They have never failed me, so I am always surprised by the seemingly unending horror stories about them. Bad news travels VERY fast. Good news gets no airtime.

Alex.
Old 19-09-2018, 07:44 PM
Saturnine (Jeff)

Like to add my voice to praise for Aust Post. Had a 3.5 kg package posted on Monday morning from Melbourne and was delivered this morning. Nearly always had good service from them and the local postie.
Old 19-09-2018, 11:49 PM
RyanJones

A big thumbs up to you David for sharing a positive story. I don't personally have much to say about Australia Post apart from my bills always seem to be delivered on time lol. I'm just happy to hear someone being happy and happy enough to share.
Old 21-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Kev11 (Kevin)

We'd be lost without them here in the bush; courier firms refuse to believe we exist. Mail box is 3.5 km from the house and AP contractor phones when she has a large parcel for us. Contractor also takes our outgoing mail: nearest town is 50kms away so we only go once a week at most.