Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Noddy81 (Daniel)

Cleaning my cpc 11 in Sydney

Hi I wanted somebody in Sydney that was recommended to clean my CPC 11
That's not bintel
Old 07-09-2017, 12:13 PM
casstony

Andrews will probably clean it for a fee: http://www.andrewscom.com.au/optical-telescopes
Old 07-09-2017, 12:46 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

This question has been asked how many times now?
Old 07-09-2017, 01:22 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
This question has been asked how many times now?
With or without Bintel?
Old 07-09-2017, 01:41 PM
casstony

Let's make Daniel feel welcome. He's new here and anyone can have a bad experience with a particular shop or just want to compare prices.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:43 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Daniel but I think we need to know if you have a beef with Bintel , you know personally ? ( thats ok ) or you have heard bad things 2nd hand ? , thats not really ok or something completely different . Thanks .

I personally have been dealing with them ( and Andrews ) for years and have had zero problems , they do a very good job for us all and your little thread here will get people's backs up fairly quickly , as is ( has ) happening now as we need to look after the locals or they will be gone and bad press it not good .

Hows about a reason for the ' No Bintel ' stance if you dont mind and a few photos of the reason you think it needs cleaning , , 9 times out of ten optics that look a little dusty , dirty with fingerprints etc are fine as you will never see what that produces at the eyepiece , optics start getting dirty as soon as they are made , fact of life but not a problem .

Anyway welcome again .

Brian.

ps. You should see the optics on my C9,25 , never touched and look terrible but the views are as good as the day I got her , collumation is the key to top views in a SCT .
Old 08-09-2017, 10:58 PM
Noddy81 (Daniel)

So I have been in and shopped at bintel and felt like I was wanting more from
There service that's was all . the guys at Andrews communications very helpful when choosing my 17mm eyepiece but unfortunately they don't offer a cleaning service
Old 09-09-2017, 08:36 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Go in again to Bintel, ask for Don. He knows what he is doing.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:51 PM
barx1963 (Malcolm)
Bright the hawk's flight

Yep, ask for Don, he will help out out. I have also dealt with John there and had no issues.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Noddy81 (Daniel)

Going to do a d y I clean

Going to try my self
Old 09-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Noddy81 (Daniel)

Pics of the scope

Pics do you think it needs it
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_2407.jpg)
195.9 KB60 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2408.jpg)
166.2 KB45 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2409.jpg)
151.3 KB37 views
Old 10-09-2017, 12:06 PM
casstony

Search for and read a few guides online about cleaning corrector plates.

Basically blow dust/grit off, gently brush the surface and blow again, use lots of dampened cotton balls to gently wipe the surface.

Typically a solution of 50/50 isopropyl/water is used.

Don't use lens pens imho. You want to clean while applying no or minimal pressure.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:51 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Go in again to Bintel, ask for Don. He knows what he is doing.
+1 Don's the man.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:54 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy81 View Post
Pics do you think it needs it
For the corrector, as it looks like it's on the outside, just blow on it (breath) use your fingers (clean hands) to get rid of the smudge and feel if any grit, then wipe and finish off with lint free sheets. I doubt your primary needs any cleaning from your shots.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Noddy81 (Daniel)

So after all your advice it's off to bintel

No the way
Old 14-09-2017, 01:23 AM
netwolf

Don at Bintel is great for cleaning optics I have had two 8" SCTs cleaned by him without issue. He has been trained by the manufacturers of these scopes. I am sure if you email him some photos he will advise you one best way to proceed.

Alternatively ther is a Rogers optics in Padstow you can try, but as yet I have not used him. But have got some good advise from him.
http://www.rogersopticsrestoration.com.au/index.html
Old 14-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Noddy81 (Daniel)

So up date my wife picked up the scope today and was told that the hand control unit was busted . Funny thing that it was a different hand control unit that my wife was given as mine had a mini USB connector on the under side so will call tomorrow and keep you updated

Last edited by Noddy81; 15-09-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old 15-09-2017, 09:01 AM
The Mekon (John Briggs)

Your posts are making less and less sense. Last thing you were going to try to clean the scope yourself - Did you bust your own controller?

I am amazed that you got responses to another thread which to me read like a cryptic crossword clue (help pleas g star X?)

How about taking some time to fully explain your problems?
Old 15-09-2017, 11:04 PM
Noddy81 (Daniel)

The question is why are bothering to reply

So after all the advice form all then nice and positive people that have helped me so much I would like to say thanks . To the few negative people I would like to point out that I have suffered all my life from have a reading and spelling problems. But I do work hard to try to improve. So I was going to try my self then after a lot of help and messages . I post that it was on its way to bintel for a service and clean think that clear . Then the next point was that my wife had picked it up and that the cover and eyepiece where missing and that we had a call telling that the hand control for the telescope was broken . on inspection when the scope got home I noticed that it was the wrong hand control . And was pointing out that it could have been a costly mistake for me .if I had just given the ok for a new unit with out looking first . And I was charged for then trying to flash the unit
Old 16-09-2017, 03:30 PM
sharpiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy81 View Post
So after all the advice form all then nice and positive people that have helped me so much I would like to say thanks . To the few negative people I would like to point out that I have suffered all my life from have a reading and spelling problems. But I do work hard to try to improve. So I was going to try my self then after a lot of help and messages . I post that it was on its way to bintel for a service and clean think that clear . Then the next point was that my wife had picked it up and that the cover and eyepiece where missing and that we had a call telling that the hand control for the telescope was broken . on inspection when the scope got home I noticed that it was the wrong hand control . And was pointing out that it could have been a costly mistake for me .if I had just given the ok for a new unit with out looking first . And I was charged for then trying to flash the unit
Keep your chin up mate. And keep pushing on.

It's important to realize that we better ourselves by associating with the easy and the difficult parts of our environment. Only by overcoming adverse situations and comments do we improve. Take from here what helps you and learn how you'd like to be better from the treatment of those who aren't the type of people you'd surround yourself with. We all have those people in our lives and here too.