Old 07-07-2015, 07:27 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Microsoft? Peter, are you living in a trench? Microsoft is out of India... dealing with Indian bureaucracy!

Even when I rang MS "Australia" to reactivate a product, I spoke to India...in Bangalore.

I guess they are just reading scripts prepared for them by Microsoft.. it is interesting to TRY to throw them a curve ball and see how they stammer and stutter and keep reading the same spiel... I kept telling one rep I had done all she had said, but she kept on reading it like I was not even there. I hung up.

European retailers are very stubborn. VERY. You just need to be firm and keep at them. Took me over a 2 MONTHS to get any satisfaction out of a Spanish manufacturer.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:27 AM
graham.hobart (Graham stevens)
DeepSkySlacker

baader filters

That's a bit of a concern, I have been waiting for a while for my Baader filters to come from Telescopes and Astronomy (Matthew has had some health issues) so I hope he checks them before he sends them over.
That would be incredibly annoying to say the least.
Hope you get it sorted.
I agree that good will is important in an industry that relies a lot on word of mouth advertising. This is not good publicity at all for Baader.
Graham.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:07 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Graham,

I have had, and have a few Baader 1.25" and 2" filters - nil issues. I cannot say the same for Astronomik... I got one from a "respected" Australian dealer, that had been opened, and there was an obvious finger print on the filter. Sent that back very quickly, got my sealed replacement, and never shopped with them since.

Gary just got unlucky. A statistical outlier.