Old 05-07-2020, 08:30 PM
telecasterguru (Frank)
Have scope will travel!

Pixinsight

I have been imaging with itelescope for the first time in a couple of years to get back into astrophotography until I get my rig back up and running but can't get a process software to work with them.
CCD stack tells me they are the wrong size even thought they are jpeg and won't process them.
Pixinsight trial says there is an error and that no images are loaded either as jpeg or calibrated fitt files even though they load onto the screen. I go into image view and change image to whichever format I load them as but no dice. I get them as jpeg or zip files.
What am I doing wrong? I have done all the tutorials for a week but even the beginners ones don't spell out how to load files so the will be recognised. They all start with a stacked image. Very frustrating. Sorry to be so fundamental but after a week of trying need some help. I know I'm missing something.
Frank
Old 05-07-2020, 09:43 PM
Ryderscope (Rodney)

There must be something fundamental here Frank so we will need to get back to basics to nut it out. I will need more details of what is happening though and a copy of a sample file that you are trying to load.

Firstly, when you say you are trying to load the images, what exactly do mean by “loading”. If you are trying to load some of the images and it is not working, exactly which PI process are you using? Is it the calibrated FITS files you are trying to load?

I have recently downloaded data (calibrated FITS) from iTelescope T32 myself and did not have any problem loading them into PI.

So, to start with:
* What PI process are you using to ‘load’ the files?
* Are they definitely the calibrated FITS downloaded from iTelescope?
* Send me a PM with a link to one of the files and I will check it out

Rodney
Old 06-07-2020, 09:44 PM
telecasterguru (Frank)
Have scope will travel!

Pixinsight

Rodney,
These are the files.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (jpeg-t30-lawman-m83-20200608-222517-green-bin2-w-300-005.jpg)
44.7 KB34 views
Old 07-07-2020, 08:17 AM
Ryderscope (Rodney)

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecasterguru View Post
Rodney,
These are the files.
As per my PM Frank, I need to see the actual file so the thumbnail won’t do. If you can upload the file to Dropbox or other file sharing service and send me the link I can download it and have a look. Also, if you can provide answers to my questions in my earlier post this will help.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:20 PM
telecasterguru (Frank)
Have scope will travel!

Rodney,

Thanks for your time and your help but thought about it but best if I give up at the moment.

Frank
Old 08-07-2020, 09:30 PM
barx1963 (Malcolm)
Bright the hawk's flight

Frank
I have sent you a PM. Please don't give up. Pixinsight is a wonderful program once you get the idea of how it works. I am happy to assist by PM if you need.

Malcolm