ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24-04-2019, 04:51 PM
topheart

Hi Mike,
Awesome !
The new mount seems like a winner with almost no PE at all?? Does it have absolute encoders?? How long did you have to wait for it?

I look forward to seeing your images with this.

Cheers,
Tim
Old 26-04-2019, 05:25 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by topheart View Post
Hi Mike,
Awesome !
The new mount seems like a winner with almost no PE at all?? Does it have absolute encoders?? How long did you have to wait for it?

I look forward to seeing your images with this.

Cheers,
Tim
Hi Tim, no AE's and I have the pre installed factory PEC recording turned off, while polar alignment was just done via the new AP right angled polar scope using my own knowledge of where the exact SCP is.

I ordered the AP1600 from OPT as they had some in stock, so once my other ordered bits came in, it was only a short wait before the shipment arrived but sadly a couple of pieces were missing including the counterweight shaft, lost in transit...so I had to wait another three months for AP to make a new one and OPT to get it to me, plus I also had a wrong dovetail sent to me sooo, it has been 6 months since deciding to get a new mount and actually having it up and running...better late than never

Mike
Old 29-04-2019, 07:45 AM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

A most enjoyable image.

We often learn that things that counted as say 3 or 4 NGC objects as seen visually through an ancient scope are, on a beautifull CCD in H-alpha, really part of the one giant star-forming region, with lots of interconnecting material.

Here, you've shown that these two really are quite independent of each other, with very different dynamics causing very different structures.

Lovely work. Great to see you back at the helm.

Best,
MnT
Old 29-04-2019, 08:32 PM
gregbradley

I'd love to see the colour version of this. The Ha is sensational and makes me want to buy another FSQ!

Colour on this one will be a little bit tricky though.

I also imaged this recently and not really happy with the colour yet. I concluded HaRGB images sometimes win and sometimes lack. Luminance adds some sparkle to an image and offsets heavy colour with detail. Ha blends often do not show the detail in the Ha very well at all and in the process of being colourised lose detail. Adding some back in through a luminance layer usually wrecks the colour. A processing problem.

Greg.
Old 29-04-2019, 10:17 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)

Thanks a lot guys

True M&T while they are often imaged individually or in really wide MW shots, it is relatively uncommon to see these two nebs framed together like this

I agree Greg, this was really kind of a "just shoot something!" Momment I am not sure what I will compose yet I'll prob grab some colour and Lum later in the season..? Hmm?

Mike
Old 29-04-2019, 10:27 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobF View Post
Fantastic vista Mike - and awesome guiding!
Cheers Rob the guiding last night sat constantly between +/- 0.03 and 0.04 pix which is around 0.2 arc sec average errors...I'm happy with this aspect of the new mount 😁

Mike