ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2015, 06:29 PM
BeanerSA (Paul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazamoline View Post
I would love to view Saturn but first I need to find it. I bet it is an absolutely fantastic sight. Unfortunately it's going to be cloudy for the next week
It's pretty easy to spot in clear skies, the issue at the moment is timing. It's currently rising well after midnight, and getting lost in the early sunrise. For my location, between 0130 and 0530 is optimal. Zzzzzz.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:27 PM
Visionary (David)

Great View

A great view of Jupiter tonight. My little 130 Celestron struggled under the burden of collimation abandonment but it pulled through! As a special treat I took out the Teleview and out leap a fresh and bold massive field of view that only the Teleview delivers. A great night for viewing Jupiter and her moons.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:36 PM
Jeff
Starry Eyed

Congrats Caz.

I remember when I first found Jupiter and it's 4 largest moons about 10 years ago, and was stocked. Enjoy the journey of discovery.

Jeff
Old 11-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Jemmo (Adrian)

I spent quite a few hours the other night looking at Jupiter with my 10"dobsonian and 9mm plossl ep. Viewing wasn't at its best but watching it for so long I saw some good detail. I've just ordered filter. My first besides a moon filter I have. The one I'm getting is a yellow #12 can anyone tell me what I would expect to see better in Jupiter and Saturn with this filter. Also order a nebula filter I'm excited to try
Old 11-02-2015, 11:06 AM
inertia8 (Australia)

I can confirm that the ThermaCELL kept me mosquito free for over an hour last night, sitting in my driveway and looking all around Carina.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:19 PM
raymo

If you go to the Lumicon website, you will find fairly comprehensive info on all types and colours of filters.
raymo
Old 13-02-2015, 05:04 PM
drylander (Peter)

For mossies if you have access to an Avon rep try their Vanilla & Soy Milk hand and body lotion Not only do the mossies not go near you it metro sexualises you as well and no risk to the scope
Pete