Old 01-03-2021, 12:04 PM
Donna (Donna)

I have a Meade LX200 10” telescope outfit complete, purchased December 2000. It has;
• Meade tripod stand
• 2 hand controllers (1 not working)
• Power cables
• Telrad reflex sight
• Telrad dew shield
• Telrad dew shield plus
• Meade Eyepiece Holder1.25”
• Meade Series 4000 telescope eyepiece 26mm Super Plössl 1.25” OD
• Astronomik CLS-Filter
• Meade Diagonal Prism 1.25”Nagler 11mm Type 6
• DiaMec battery DM12-18 (12V18AH/20HR)
• Powertech 12V 1 Amp Sealed Lead Battery Charger
• Red bolt for transport to prevent damage to the mirror
• Original boxes it was delivered in.
This scope belonged to my late husband and I want to sell it, and I was wondering what I could expect to get for it. The telescope is in very good condition and has always been housed inside the house when not in use. It has not been used for a few years due to my late husbands’ poor health. I want to respect his passion for his scope and sell it at a good price that he wouldn’t be upset about. Thanks for your advice.
Donna
Old 01-03-2021, 01:56 PM
JA

Hi Donna

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear of your husband passing. I couldn't put a figure on it, but you may be the best person to make that judgement based on some confluence of attachment to it and it's market value. As far as market value is concerned you can look at past sales of this telescope and/or its component parts using the IceInSPace Search function in the Classified section archives.

I just did this, searching on Meade LX200 10 and the results are here.....http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...2&pp=25&page=2

There 402 entries over 17pages of various Meade scopes that show up in this search, but market value wise perhaps be guided by obviously the sales of 10 inch LX200 telescopes, but also something in between the value of its smaller and larger brothers, the 8inch and 12inch version as well, as some of those are reported in the search.

Even though your request for help here is for ideas on possible pricing, rather than an advertisement per se, it's not inconceivable that you might get a message with an offer.

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 01-03-2021 at 02:07 PM.