Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2021, 08:33 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker372011 View Post
Another vote for NINA. i dont have a rotator but I love the “manual rotator” feature

Once I am on the target -by plate solving-and ask it to start taking photos-it tells me how many degrees i have to rotate -if i am off - and in which direction -to be within 1 degree of my reference image

Bit hit an miss if the scope doesnt have a graduated scale but piece of cake it does (eg a RedCat51).

If it doesnt you can always adjust the tolerance - to say 2 degrees r something
You can do something similar in Voyager (And in SGP) and I often do. You do not get the hint of how far you need to go and which way, but the solved angle is one of the displayed values when you plate solve, so if you have a manual rotator it is pretty quick to dial in the camera angle if you are going back to a target that requires a change. That has just put a feature request in mind for me so I better put it in while I am thinking of it. When you load a target from the "Roboclip" store, while you have the list open the requested camera angle is displayed but it is not displayed in the window you will have open while plate solving to set the camera angle physically.

Last edited by The_bluester; 01-02-2021 at 09:22 AM.