Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2019, 10:16 PM
h0ughy (David)

about time they woke up Sky and Telescope

from an email tonight

Dear Sky & Telescope Subscriber,

We wanted to let you know that, after listening to our readers and in response to your concerns, we will be changing our digital distribution platform from Zinio back to Nxtbook Media beginning with the November 2019 issue. We had used Nxtbook for many years before last year’s switch to Zinio, and we have found that readers prefer Nxtbook.

How will I know when a new digital issue is available?
We will send digital issue alerts every month as each new issue becomes available. These emails will contain links to the current issue. You may choose to unsubscribe from these emails.

Will I be able to download PDFs?
Yes, with our switch back to Nxtbook, readers will once again be able to download full PDFs of each issue for their personal use. Readers may also opt to read the issue in a web browser or via the Sky & Telescope magazine app, available for iOS and Android.

What digital issues will I have access to?
You will have access to digital issues for as long as you've been subscribing, back to 2010.

What is the status of my digital subscription?
Right now, all print subscribers have free access to our digital issue. Your digital subscription has automatically transferred to Nxtbook, so there is no need to resubscribe. If you are having any difficulty accessing your new subscription with Nxtbook, whether through the app or browser, please contact customer support.

How do I access the digital issue?
Every month, you'll receive an email alert that the digital issue has become available. Click on the link available in that email, enter your email address, and you'll have access to the issue. No password is required. For any other questions about your subscription or about digital access, please call Palm Coast Subscriber Services at 800-253-0245 or contact them via email at skyandtelescope@emailcustomerservic e.com.

Sincerely,

The Editors of Sky & Telescope
Old 06-09-2019, 05:50 PM
Buck

Sky & Telescope

Is this only for the US Sky & Telescope? Hoping that the Australian S&T will also ditch Zinio and go with a more user-friendly online reader. Haven't received any emails from the Australian S&T a yet.
Buck
Old 06-09-2019, 06:48 PM
h0ughy (David)

Us
Old 06-09-2019, 08:30 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Interesting developments Dave, thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately, having my access to digital magazines disrupted and made problematic several times in the past (iPAD) when I subscribed to a number of astronomy and photography digital magazines, I will not be pursuing this.

I guess the so called digital benefits did not outweigh the frustrations I experienced.

Cheers

Dennis
Old 07-09-2019, 07:05 AM
h0ughy (David)

Just means I can download all the ones I refused to read on zino