ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 12:03 AM
Bobbyoutback

I hate this censorship !

I read many articles from outlets overseas , when i tried to read this one
I rhttps://thedailycoin.org/2019/07/30/the-uk-is-about-to-get-a-lot-more-cultural-enrichment-video/
The video had been banned to Australians ' yep we are not allowed to see this

Why ? because it might effect how we think about certain illegal immigrant cultures .
I did get to read this using a VPN , but the point is who controls our freedom of choice ?

How stuffed are we if this sort of censorship is not challenged , the suppression of truth is both poisonous & destructive .

Anyway In the meantime get used to the BS- platitudes of our media .

Bobby

Try here : https://thedailycoin.org/2019/07/30/...ichment-video/

Last edited by Bobbyoutback; 01-08-2019 at 12:09 AM. Reason: had to add the link again
Old 01-08-2019, 12:38 AM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)
Feel free to edit my imag

what this

https://youtu.be/p1W-oSAkDRA
Old 01-08-2019, 02:30 AM
Bobbyoutback

Yep this is it , shame they stop Aussies reading stuff , this is mild ?

Regards
Bobby
Old 01-08-2019, 04:58 AM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)
Feel free to edit my imag

You want to be grateful you live in an open society and not North korea or China, Russia, UAE, Angola, DRK etc etc etc
Old 01-08-2019, 05:03 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Bobby

Don't get upset.

Firstly are you sure that "they" banned the video? And secondly who are "they". I have often found that there are more than one group labeled "they".

Governments love more people coming into a country and for good reason.

More people means greater prosperity strangley even if folk coming in all go onto social security...and don't really fit culturally or economically..we think it costs us more but not really.. when you don't operate under the Gold Standard and can create more more as I think we can even in this country more problems more people more fear etc is a good thing.

At a local level folk think immigration is always a problem and blame immigrants being responsible for pretty much any negative they perceive and sure there may be some justification but often their blame game becomes perceived as a negative and sometimes there could be a little truth in that...because the sad reality is in this country we need more people and when I say we I don't mean you and me or anyone you may meet ..by we I mean the market economy that we run upon. It cares only for numbers..more numbers..higher numbers...all business depends on their survival on next years figures being bigger than this years figures...well the turnover and profit figures. No boss employee or shareholder wants less next year and so the game is all about getting bigger numbers which finally boils down to more people...and it does not matter to the system what problems arise ..in fact more problems becomes a good thing because that means more work for agencies yet to be created.

Honestly there is no need to worry about anything it's all part of a grand plan that actually does not exist other than in the minds of folk who think there isnt or is but notwithstanding that don't believe anything that causes an initial response of fear or hatred or admiration and approval as really what can we be sure about other than even with all the facts we rarely know everything and moreover that we don't know what we don't know.
I hope that I have cleared up your concerns.
Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 01-08-2019 at 05:17 AM.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:46 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Further...fear often comes from relying upon generalisations of situations whereas all we need look at are specific events that may cause that generalisation and in so doing we can realise that although various groups are perceived by some as bad or participating in behaviour deemed unacceptable it usually is not the group at fault but single individuals often many in number who are actually at fault and so we can't find fault with any religious group or cultural group or any group at all irrespective of them individually being delusional as one individual does not represent a group even if he holds exactly the same views as everyone else in the group...or in other words any criticism of one should not extend to the group as within any group there will be some who give the group a bad name when that particular individual acts badly ... so don't judge say the Catholic church by a few folk who do horrible things which are not condonned by the group but nevertheless fails to act to address the situation satisfactorily in the view of reasonable folk because many individuals in the church does so many good things and are unable to accept that they really need to join another group if they really are sincere about doing good deeds...but as I always say and have said many times before but perhaps on this occassion it be more appropriate than earlier occassions...when the Sun sets in the saucer of milk the cat will sing to the cuckoo clock...sums it up nicely I think.
Alex
Old 01-08-2019, 06:20 AM
sheeny (Al)
Spam Hunter

The video link runs for me.

I don't why you can't see it. It's not censorship.

Al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyoutback View Post
I read many articles from outlets overseas , when i tried to read this one
I rhttps://thedailycoin.org/2019/07/30/the-uk-is-about-to-get-a-lot-more-cultural-enrichment-video/
The video had been banned to Australians ' yep we are not allowed to see this

Why ? because it might effect how we think about certain illegal immigrant cultures .
I did get to read this using a VPN , but the point is who controls our freedom of choice ?

How stuffed are we if this sort of censorship is not challenged , the suppression of truth is both poisonous & destructive .

Anyway In the meantime get used to the BS- platitudes of our media .

Bobby

Try here : https://thedailycoin.org/2019/07/30/...ichment-video/
Old 01-08-2019, 07:18 AM
bojan
amateur

It works for me as well..
Old 01-08-2019, 09:22 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I guess I did not say it worked for me.
Alex
Old 01-08-2019, 09:40 AM
casstony

If we have access to ABC TV we should be ok. We can see the Chinese squashing protests and the Australians imprisoning refugees.

There's all the good stuff too (Costa, Micallef, Anh, etc) but they also shine a light on bad behaviour without fear or favour.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:38 AM
fsphotography (Frank)

Well said Alex.
Frank.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:53 AM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Hi Bobby

At a local level folk think immigration is always a problem and blame immigrants being responsible for pretty much any negative they perceive and sure there may be some justification but often their blame game becomes perceived as a negative and sometimes there could be a little truth in that...because the sad reality is in this country we need more people and when I say we I don't mean you and me or anyone you may meet ..by we I mean the market economy that we run upon. It cares only for numbers..more numbers..higher numbers...all business depends on their survival on next years figures being bigger than this years figures...well the turnover and profit figures.

Alex
Absolutely ZERO problems are solved in the long term by increasing population. Carrying capacity of planet Earth 1.9 billion
Old 01-08-2019, 12:03 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_draco View Post
Absolutely ZERO problems are solved in the long term by increasing population. Carrying capacity of planet Earth 1.9 billion
The problem I point to is that essentially most all of the world economies are a market system which demands growth ...as you observe such growth won't do us any good long term...it's like blowing up a Ballon with the only motivation being that you want a bigger Ballon...the market economy can't not really say oh we need to be efficient let's require car manufactures to produce only three models...no no no think of the investors the bosses and the workers in their little part of existence...tell someone else to cut back.
The alarming thing is there is not answer that I can see...only catastrophe can help out...we are like rabbits that breed up and destroy a patch such that their numbers are culled via starvation...one would like to think we could do better but I suspect we can't...clearly the world perhaps could be a better place if population was reduced...but who will do that..the Chinese were the only ones to have a go at it...
And I still think a market economy is perhaps the best we can come up with.
Alex
Old 01-08-2019, 01:44 PM
bojan
amateur

Quote:
The problem I point to is that essentially most all of the world economies are a market system which demands growth ....
...Chinese were the only ones to have a go at it...
And I still think a market economy is perhaps the best we can come up with.
Alex
Well, there were others, but they failed.. perhaps there haven't had big enough numbers (and culture) to persist in something like this, and of course there was huge resistance from the rest of the world (or, should I say, resistance from owners of capital).

BTW, have you seen the movie "Elysium"?
Old 01-08-2019, 02:03 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan View Post
Well, there were others, but they failed.. perhaps there haven't had big enough numbers (and culture) to persist in something like this, and of course there was huge resistance from the rest of the world (or, should I say, resistance from owners of capital).

BTW, have you seen the movie "Elysium"?
I have not seen the movie but I googled it and get the idea..perhaps close to the current situation except Elysium could be called Dubai.

When the world Government is in place I hope they implement human husbandry and only let humans that have desirable qualities breed.
My idea would be only champion cage fighters with a degree is all the sciences as a selection base line
Alex
Old 01-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

worked for me as well
Old 01-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Bobbyoutback

Quote:

When the world Government is in place I hope they implement human husbandry and only let humans that have desirable qualities breed.
My idea would be only champion cage fighters with a degree is all the sciences as a selection base line
Alex
Well Alex I can see your point regarding the males but will the females need the same qualifications

Bobby.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:01 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyoutback View Post
Well Alex I can see your point regarding the males but will the females need the same qualifications

Bobby.
Bobby I was talking about the females. I expect that fathering would start via an annonomous male doner with a background in law, real-estate and astronomy who is kind and has a natural beard.
https://youtu.be/IReosLcMunE

Alex
Old 01-08-2019, 07:34 PM
AstralTraveller (David)

Quote:
Bobby I was talking about the females. I expect that fathering would start via an annonomous male doner with a background in law, real-estate and astronomy who is kind and has a natural beard.
https://youtu.be/IReosLcMunE

Alex
I thought you had dodgy knees..... or hips or something?
Old 01-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Renato1 (Renato)

ISP's or whoever blocking stuff on the internet for Australians is all pretty silly - since we all have access to free VPN, at

https://www.vpnbook.com/freevpn

Cheers,
Renato
Closed Thread