Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Solar System

Old 05-10-2020, 09:50 PM
Hisanori (Hisanori)

Mars from Saturday night

It was fairly good condition in Sydney on Saturday night. But I underestimated a height of neighbour's tree. I was waiting the highest altitude I could get. But after 3 minutes video, Mars was disappeared.

The first image was no colour balances adjusted apart from AS3's RGB Align function. The second image was after processing RGB Auto balance in Registax manually change colour balance on PS. Still struggling to get right colours.

LX200GPS 12", ASI224MC, 12ms exposure in RAW16. A single 3 minutes video taken in SharpCap. No Winjupos. AS3 stacking and Wavelet in Registax. PS for sharpening, denoise and level, etc.

I took a series of videos on Sunday night and still processing. But it seems Saturday was better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (2020-10-03-1253_8.jpg)
98.9 KB65 views
Click for full-size image (2020-10-03-1253_8 RGB ab.jpg)
103.3 KB49 views

Last edited by Hisanori; 05-10-2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:46 AM
Tulloch (Andrew)

Nice image there (the first one ). You can't use Registax's auto-balance feature for planets that are predominantly one colour (eg Mars, Uranus, Neptune and probably Saturn), as it tries to "correct" the image to make the colours roughly equal. Jupiter works well, the other planets not so much.

Remember, Mars is red, here is a "true colour" image from the Rosetta spacecraft.
http://www.damianpeach.com/marscolour.htm

Oh, and you only need to capture the planets in 8 bit mode.