ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Astrophotography
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2020, 09:59 PM
Startrek (Martin)

NGC 2070 Tarantula version 2 Synthetic Luninance

Decided to experiment a bit and reprocess my previous image of NGC 2070 Tarantula using Startools V1.6 with a Composite synthetic luminance in the colour module
Ivo Jager of Startools suggested I try a blend of Green and Blue to develop a synthetic Cyan colour
I don’t if the colour blend was correct but it certainly gave the main nebula a real dynamic flare and brought out the nebulosity clouds with definition and detail
This version was cropped a bit to centre on the main nebula
Startools V1.6 is really exciting to use , so many more features and functions to experiment with
Thanks Ivo 👍👍

Comments most welcome
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (A1105490-A940-45CB-A30A-65FF7D63CA0C.jpg)
206.1 KB79 views
Old 05-10-2020, 10:21 PM
xa-coupe (Jeff)

It produces a vivid picture that's for sure!
Old 06-10-2020, 12:44 PM
RyanJones

A very tidy effort indeed Martin. Well done 👍
I’m assuming this is 2600 data still or is it from the DSLR days ?

Cheers

Ryan
Old 06-10-2020, 01:50 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Thanks Jeff

Thanks Ryan
Apologies I wasn’t clear , it’s a version of the image I captured and posted last week with the 2600MC at my retirement retreat on the South Coast ( Bortle 3 ) under a full moon overhead
The ZWO 2” Duoband filter is working really well with nebula in Sydney Bortle 8 and at my place on the South Coast ( Bortle 3 )
I’m still experimenting with the latest version of my processing software Startools ( V1.6 ) which has a load of additional features especially for OSC narrowband
Old 06-10-2020, 02:44 PM
Saturn488

Love the colours.

How do you find Star Tools? Might need to try it out.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:57 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn488 View Post
Love the colours.

How do you find Star Tools? Might need to try it out.
Chrys,
How do I find Startools ??
An absolute joy to use, no histograms, levels and curves to worry about , it’s an ingenious very powerful processing software for beginner and advanced alike

Its great for noisy data, cleans up gradient , vignetting you name it using its wipe module , but there a few more modules you can use to clean you noisy image up even further before you get to the noise reduction module towards the end of your workflow
Version 1.6 is tremendous
Give the trial version a go

Cheers
Martin
Old 06-10-2020, 04:37 PM
RyanJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Thanks Ryan
Apologies I wasn’t clear , it’s a version of the image I captured and posted last week with the 2600MC at my retirement retreat on the South Coast ( Bortle 3 ) under a full moon overhead
The ZWO 2” Duoband filter is working really well with nebula in Sydney Bortle 8 and at my place on the South Coast ( Bortle 3 )
I’m still experimenting with the latest version of my processing software Startools ( V1.6 ) which has a load of additional features especially for OSC narrowband
I remember the days we were allowed to travel somewhere. Half your luck mate. My 071mc arrived yesterday. I had enough gaps in the clouds to have a quick look and I must say accompanied with the ASIair, I’m really impressed. The clouds started falling in the form of little rain drops so there was a panicked pack up but o hope to get it back out later this week. As you know I’ve been using the STC Duo for a while. The dual band filters are a very handy piece of gear I must say. I’m a little envious of the new L-exteme by optolong with its tighter 02 band pass. More light cut out at the light pollution end.

Cheers

Ryan