Old 08-04-2020, 08:44 PM
jayconnor (Jay)

Back again.

Hey just like to share my story.

In 2015 i purchased my first setup after getting a little nat geo telescope as a gift for Christmas. I fell in love straight away. Anyway i ended up purchasing a HEQ5 Pro GoTo Mount and a Bintel BT200 f/5.

After trying to set it up time after time i just couldn't get my head around it and didn't give it the time it deserved. I did manage to take some nice photos of the moon and one decent one of Jupiter before i sold the mount.

I have now purchased myself a new Saxon HEQ5 Pro Mount and still have my old bintel f/5. Once i had sold my old setup i really got into astrophotography with my Sony a7ii & my wide angle. So what i have learnt in the time away i really cant wait to get setup and learn how to use the mount correctly and start to imagine the night skies!

If you made it this far thanks.

Kind Regards , Jay
Old 09-04-2020, 01:03 AM
DavidU (Dave)
Like to learn

Old 09-04-2020, 07:13 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Welcome back
Nice scope, I’ve got a Bintel 8” f5 too sitting on an EQ6-R Mount and a Bintel 6” f6 sitting on a HEQ5
Happy to assist if you need help
Cheers
Old 09-04-2020, 09:07 AM
jayconnor (Jay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Welcome back
Nice scope, I’ve got a Bintel 8” f5 too sitting on an EQ6-R Mount and a Bintel 6” f6 sitting on a HEQ5
Happy to assist if you need help
Cheers
Awesome. I will most likely ask you a few questions Do you know any good tutorials for doing the polar alignment? that's what i had trouble with the most last time.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:55 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Jay
If your HEQ5 mount came with a Synscan hand controller version 3.5 or above then I can show you how to polar align. The hand controller has a feature for polar alignment routine which I have used for nearly 4 years with good accuracy ( down to 1 arc minute )
Before the PA routine you will have to set your tripod to face true celestial south , then set your mount head to home position , then balance your mount , then polar align ( I have written instructions for all these procedures)
I have all the written procedures ( my way is old school but it works every time , no iPhone apps or software programs etc.. that can come later ...,
Let me know if your hand controller has the PA routine , it’s in Menu > Set Up > Alignment > Polar Alignment
Martin
Old 09-04-2020, 11:35 AM
jayconnor (Jay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Jay
If your HEQ5 mount came with a Synscan hand controller version 3.5 or above then I can show you how to polar align. The hand controller has a feature for polar alignment routine which I have used for nearly 4 years with good accuracy ( down to 1 arc minute )
Before the PA routine you will have to set your tripod to face true celestial south , then set your mount head to home position , then balance your mount , then polar align ( I have written instructions for all these procedures)
I have all the written procedures ( my way is old school but it works every time , no iPhone apps or software programs etc.. that can come later ...,
Let me know if your hand controller has the PA routine , it’s in Menu > Set Up > Alignment > Polar Alignment
Martin
Thanks Martin, i should receive it all tuesday or wednesday next week. I will be in contact