Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2014, 09:47 PM
dolbs (John)

Thumbs up Celestron CGE mount and Tripod Reduced $1500 ONO

I have a Celestron CGE mount and tripod for sale. The mount has been excellent providing great tracking and has the any star polar alignment firmware installed. The mount comes with 1 x 25lb counterweight (it has a little surface rust on it) and a brand new tripod that is still in its original package as the mount is located on a pier. The mount will re packed into its original cartons. Located in WOODVALE, north of Perth WA. Will ship but buyer pays all shipping and insurance costs. Would prefer pick up. Cash or Paypal only. Not included is the OTA and accessories shown in the pictures. The 2 x 11lb counterweights shown are not included. I am selling because I am upgrading to a larger mount. The mount is about 5 years old and runs exceptionally well. All manuals and Nexremote software included. I need to sell this ASAP so I'll look at any reasonable offer around $1500.
I'll also throw in a Celestron Power Tank 17 which has a new new 20 AH Battery, or sell separately for $180.00. Note the radio does not work on the power tank. For details contact John on 0417486616.
Thanks for looking
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (image.jpg)
131.7 KB251 views
Click for full-size image (C3.jpg)
91.8 KB108 views

Last edited by dolbs; 25-06-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Add Celestron power tank 17 as a bonus . Further price price drop
Old 07-06-2014, 10:56 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Have a mate who wants one of these or similar - can you comment on the PE of this mount?
Old 08-06-2014, 11:14 AM
dolbs (John)

PEC Question

LewisM
The mount is supposed to have a typical PE around typically 20 arc seconds of periodic error (PE) peak-to-valley over 8 minutes. I have recorded the PE and uploaded it so with PEC correction turned on it has quite a small error, but I can't say exactly what it is. When imaging and used with PHD auto guiding is great. For my location I have to limit exposure to a Max of 20 minutes due light pollution and stars are very nicely shaped.

Last edited by dolbs; 12-06-2014 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Corrected PE error staement
Old 22-06-2014, 11:41 AM
dolbs (John)

Comment on PEC experienced by CGE mount. My apology. I am not all that swept up on PEC so I ran some tests using PHD autoguiding and with guiding on I was getting around +/- 4 -5 arc-second PEC. I see no reason why you could not reproduce these results assuming you have a good polar alignment.
Old 23-06-2014, 11:27 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

CRIPES! Wish you'd dropped the price a week ago... story of my life

How much does this weigh total for shipping?
Old 25-06-2014, 12:40 PM
dolbs (John)

LewisM

It weighs 81 kg and about $500 - 600 to ship from WA to Eastcoast