Old 26-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Riandi (Riandi)

Question Variable-Projection Camera Adapter Problem

Hi guys, recently I have purchased off a 1206AZ3 Refractor Telescope and the variable-projection camera adapter. Assembly the telescope was easy, until I attached the T-adapter with my Canon D7000. I cannot seem to get clear image with my camera. Any help would be appreciated.

Riandi
Old 27-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Joshua Bunn (Joshua)

Hi,

Im guessing the camera chip isn't coming to the focal plane of the telescope. Have you tried all possible positions for your focuser and variable projection camera adapter in terms of sliding it back and forth? If you have tried this and are still unable to get a clear image, you need to remove some spacers or add some in to bring the camera to focus. Based on your O.P. this is what i think.

Josh
Old 27-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Merlin66 (Ken)

Riandi,
Forget the variable camera attachment....this I think needs an eyepiece to project the telescope image into the camera body.
The website says the focuser is fitted with an external T thread...if this is correct all you need is a T2 camera adaptor for the Canon and then mount it directly onto the focuser...