Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 31-08-2018, 08:16 AM
glend (Glen)

Skywatcher MN190, Mak-Newt - PRICE REDUCTION

I have been back and forth on whether to sell my venerable MN190 due to health reasons, but now I would like to find a good home for it with an IIS member.
I won't write a long thesis on this scope, other than to say this scope is a proper Mak-Newt, not a toy, it can be either a wonderful visual scope capable of carrying great magnification, or used as a flat field, coma free astrograph (without the need for coma correctors or other add on devices). If diffraction spikes drive you crazy this is the all-round scope for you. This particular example has the rare original small secondary (52mm) which means a smaller central obstruction / improved contrast compared to later examples carry larger 63mm secondaries (to cater for folks wanting to run very large imaging sensors). The 52mm secondary is fine for imaging sensors up to, and including, APS-C sized sensors, without vignetting.
The scope comes equipped with the MN190 Moonlight focsuer and adaptor, and it is perfectly aligned. It holds collimation very well, thanks to the secondary being mounted directly on the Corrector plate and permanently fixed offset.
I have owned this scope for several years, and it has always been stored in the dry room in my house. It carries long Vixen dovetails top and bottom, and is easily balanced on a mount due to its even weight distribution. I would suggest at least an NEQ6 mount if your going to use it for imaging, as it weighs about 12kg.
Photos are attached.
I am asking $1500 for the scope as shown, with the Moonlight setup (which includes an extra thinner spacer plate which can be used in place of the thick one presently mounted below the focuser). These scopes are retailling for $1899 right now, with the stock focuser. Check out what a Moonlight and the adaptor kit would set you back if you were buying them separately.

If your seriously interested in this scope, then PM me here. Due to my health problems I cannot pack and ship this scope, and no longer have the shipping box. So this is pickup only from Lake Macquarie NSW, although I might be able to get it down to Ourimbah for collection by the buyer, or up to Newcastle.
Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSCF1886.jpg)
86.8 KB213 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1887.jpg)
92.8 KB203 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1888.jpg)
178.9 KB262 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1890.jpg)
93.2 KB172 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1893.jpg)
136.8 KB224 views
Click for full-size image (MN190-universal.jpg)
106.3 KB238 views

Last edited by glend; 10-10-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:10 PM
glend (Glen)

As an option for buyers, I can offer this scope with the original Skywatcher focuser re-installed and aligned. In which case I would sell the Moonlight focuser and adaptor separately. This means I could drop the scope price, with stock focuser, to $1300.

PM me if interested in this option. Obviously the Moonlight equipped MN190 is still available as described below.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:08 PM
glend (Glen)

Price reduced. Now $1200 with the stock focuser, or $1500 with the Moonlight. I will throw in an 8" heater strap to keep the corrector clear, and a DIY foam dew shield/strap insulator.
Old 14-09-2018, 07:28 AM
glend (Glen)

Price Slashed - Scope must go

Final Price Reduction - Forced Sale due to poor health and relocation. Now $1000 with the stock focuser, or $1300 with the Moonlight. This MN190 is only three years old and is in excellent condition. See below for full details.
Old 15-09-2018, 09:33 AM
glend (Glen)

I am now offering personal delivery from northern Sydney up to Newcastle, or meet up for transfer within that area. I am also able to deliver up the east coast to Brisbane if the buyer is prepared to wait for my next trip to Brisbane in early December. Delayed delivery to Brisbane would require a holding deposit.
Old 21-09-2018, 09:54 AM
glend (Glen)

I have taken a deposit on this scope pending pickup by buyer, so the Sale is pending.