Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Old 21-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Spookyer (Brett)
Brett P

Help - my mount is tracking the wrong way!

Hi there, I have an issue with my AP1100 mount. When I used it the time before last I was having trouble guiding and soon realised that my mount was tracking the wrong way. Looking through the settings I noticed my location had changed to a northern hemisphere co-ordinates. How this happened I have no idea as I had not edited it. I reset my co-ordinates S 27 11 16.1 and E 152 49 0.1 and everything was good the rest of the night.

Last night I went to image and again noticed I was getting bad star trails, when focusing and noticed the star trails were less when I stopped the mount tracking. I confirmed the mount was again tracking the wrong way. I have checked all my settings and the co-ordinates and times appear all correct. I spent two very frustrating hours trying to fix the problem with no result.

I have tried rolling back from the latest driver to a previous driver, checking the hand controller settings, retyping and saving the site location, restarting everything several times etc all to no avail.

I am open to ideas on what is going wrong. It appears my mount thinks it is facing north rather than south so is tracking the wrong way. Other than the last time I used it when the co-ordinates were mysteriously wrong I have never had this problem before.

Am I missing something obvious?

I have shot off and email to Astro-Physics as well.

Brett
Old 23-07-2019, 02:52 PM
DRCORTEX (Lance)
Neo - as in Dr Neo Cortex

I wish I could help, I have exactly the same problem, and havn't gotten anywhere. All I know is my mount is stuffed!

If you did get a fix, let me know

Cheers,

Laance
Old 23-07-2019, 07:12 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Dont know if this may help I dont use this mount
https://www.indilib.org/forum/mounts...d-parking.html
Old 24-07-2019, 08:48 PM
Spookyer (Brett)
Brett P

Okay an update. On my mount control box there is a switch for north and south. Mine has been set on south since I have owned the mount and that is correct. George from AP suggested switching it back and forward a few times and then leaving it on south. I tried this tonight and it did the trick. Hopefully fixed for good.

Brett