Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 14-02-2019, 08:56 AM
vaxvax (Peter)

Pentax Astrotracer / GPS - Price Drop

Hi,

I have for sale a Pentax Astrotracer Unit. Used but in excellent working condition.

When mounted on a compatible PENTAX camera body, the O-GPS1 provides the advanced ASTROTRACER function, which couples the unit with the camera's SR (Shake Reduction) system for the effortless tracing and photographing of celestial bodies. The unit calculates the movement of stars and other objects using the latitude obtained from GPS data and the camera's alignment data (horizontal and vertical inclinations and direction) obtained from the unit's magnetic and acceleration sensors. It then shifts the camera's image sensor in synchronization with the movement of these objects. This means that all celestial bodies are captured as solid points rather than blurry streaks, even during extended exposures. It also simplifies the astronomical photography setup, since it requires only a tripod and eliminates the need for an additional accessory such as an equatorial telescope.

Compatible cameras are the Pentax 645Z, 645D, KP, K-3, K-5II, K-5IIs, K-5, K-S2, K-S1, K-70, K-50, K-30, K-r or K-01

Unit is powered by a single battery. If you are interested in doing astrophotography then this is a MUST HAVE.

Asking $240 and will ship Australia wide at no extra cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (astrotracer.JPG)
22.7 KB39 views

Last edited by vaxvax; 21-02-2019 at 04:56 PM. Reason: sold
Old 21-02-2019, 03:32 PM
xystridura (David)

Pentax Astrotracer

I have a Pentax K-3, which doesn't have a built-in GPS. Does the Astrotracer have its own built-in GPS, or do I need to buy the O-GPS ?
If I don't have to buy any extras, I will buy your Astrotracer.
Cheers
David