Old 23-06-2019, 11:41 AM
bejay

Celestrone 4se Dead

Hi,

My 6 yr old scope is dead, was working fine 3 months ago and now just dead. The scope/hand control won't power up either by the power supply or batteries. Have tried googling and tried a couple of tips like splitting the power pin to make a tighter connection and also plugging hand control to aux, nothing worked. Don't know what to do, any advice would be appreciated

cheers
BJ
Old 23-06-2019, 07:30 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Is there any indication that there is power getting to the mount at all?

I'm not familiar with the mount itself but, my Celestron EQ mount at least has a little red light come on next to the on/off switch when power is supplied...

If you can include as much detail as possible, perhaps we can figure out what the problem might be...

What power supply are you using, mains, car battery, AA batteries in the mount... etc...

Cheers
Old 23-06-2019, 09:04 PM
RyanJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejay View Post
Hi,

My 6 yr old scope is dead, was working fine 3 months ago and now just dead. The scope/hand control won't power up either by the power supply or batteries. Have tried googling and tried a couple of tips like splitting the power pin to make a tighter connection and also plugging hand control to aux, nothing worked. Don't know what to do, any advice would be appreciated

cheers
BJ
Hi BJ. I have one of these mounts in my collection. PM me if you like and we can go through some checks. Worst case scenario, I don’t use mine any more and I might be able to help you get back to looking at stars again
Old 26-06-2019, 04:20 AM
bejay

Gents, thanks for your responses, sorry bit slow to response
@Outcast.....It's an AltAz mount mate....One of these
https://www.celestron.com/products/n...ized-telescope
No power indicators on the mount, just the hand controls light up.
I have tried all the 3 sources of power you have mentioned but none of them work. Did notice some battery acid scaling on the contacts and cleaned it up as much as I could but still no joy.

@RyanJones
Cheers mate, will do right away